RotM #32 - Voting (Until 2nd April)

What's Hot
Howdy fretboarders!

Welcome to the voting thread for Riff of the Month #32

Voting closes on the 2nd April at 11.50 pm.

Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Same deal as the main Fretboard Challenge, vote for your top 3 entries!

1st choice gets 5 points

2nd choice gets 3 points

3rd choice gets 1 point

You can find all the entries on this playlist

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/thefretboard-riff-challenge-31

Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    5 points - @stratman3142  ; Another corker from the stratman!

3 points - @IMC1980  ; Big, confident riffage.

1 point - @DulcetJones  ; Interesting skewed melody. Very atmospheric.
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    5 points - @IMC1980    

3 points - @stratman3142

1 point -  @@steamabacus   

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    5 points @IMC1980 : Great riff. I would have preferred a less rushed feel which would have made it more rocky than punky but that's just personal taste.

3 points @steamabacus : A nice hypnotic groove.

1 point @DulcetJones : Another darkly moody entry.

It's not a competition.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Time to add my vote! 

5 points to @stratman3142 - Reminded me of being a kid in the 80s, great synths and overall swagger!

3 points to @steamabacus - Nice funky beats and love the edge of breakup guitars

1 point to @DulcetJones - Imposing lead guitar and dream-like backing, is this another guitar? I am having trouble making it out through the modulation effect.  

IMC1980 said:
    Time to add my vote! 

1 point to @DulcetJones - Imposing lead guitar and dream-like backing, is this another guitar? I am having trouble making it out through the modulation effect.  

The backing guitar is using a phase shifter set for a really long sweep, otherwise it's clean and strumming full barre chords.  This is part of an upcoming release that will also have bass and drums that push it into an almost "death metal" sound, for that part anyway.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

IMC1980 said:
    Time to add my vote! 

The backing guitar is using a phase shifter set for a really long sweep, otherwise it's clean and strumming full barre chords.  This is part of an upcoming release that will also have bass and drums that push it into an almost "death metal" sound, for that part anyway.  

It's very hypnotic! I'd like to hear the finished result.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    5 Points @stratman3142 - A real Gutsy one there, like a mash up of Flock of Seagulls and Van Halen (Van Seagull)
    3 Points @IMC1980 - My hair actually grew back whilst listening to that, top headbanging riff.
    1 Point @steamabacus - Nice upbeat tune.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    IMC1980 said:
    IMC1980 said:
    Time to add my vote! 

I'll post a link when it's out but, "be careful what you wish for"!  (ha ha).  This one is a section of part 2 of a trilogy of songs.  I'm releasing them once as one long piece with them all bleeding into each other titled "Horror Trilogy" and each song as a stand alone single.  Several of the riffs I've entered lately are in these, part one is a solo guitar piece, part two is a twisted flat out rocker and part three is an eerie synth based track. 

IMC1980 said:
    IMC1980 said:
    Time to add my vote! 

I'll post a link when it's out but, "be careful what you wish for"!  (ha ha).  This one is a section of part 2 of a trilogy of songs.  I'm releasing them once as one long piece with them all bleeding into each other titled "Horror Trilogy" and each song as a stand alone single.  Several of the riffs I've entered lately are in these, part one is a solo guitar piece, part two is a twisted flat out rocker and part three is an eerie synth based track. 
    I look forward to it!
  • voting closed
    Old Is Gold