Beat Buddy

BrianCBrianC Frets: 16
edited February 2014 in FX
Interesting or a waste of time?

Thought it would be good for practice, demos, songwriting. I would need to try one out, but in theory looks a good alternative to a desk drum machine

http://mybeatbuddy.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited February 2014
    ...expect to see one being used in a shopping centre doorway anytime soon!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited February 2014
    hugbot said:
    I feel like a drum machine in a pedal format wouldnt offer much advantages over a drum machine. There must be an iphone drum machine app anyway or something.

It's the control this gives you live that's the usp, being able to add fills, start, stop and change patterns on the fly while playing rather than just strumming along to a predetermined backing track.

• That looks (in theory) an excellent idea, I play as a bit of a one man band and have to use backtracks with long lead in silences to allow me to press play then move back into position, to be able to step on something to start it off and have the ability to do fills and phrase changes by treading on something again would allow a lot more freedom. This may be available elsewhere but ive not seen it yet. Groovy!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305

http://mybeatbuddy.com/ - looks like it's ready to ship in Aug'2014 and there's $100 off the RRP of $349 if you pre-order.

Looks like an interesting concept.