Arpeggiator/Sequencer Pedal

What's Hot
BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
The H9 has some great pitch-shifting sounds, but I was just wondering if there was anything else out there that does more complex arpeggiation/step sequencing, preferably with a filter sweep effect built in?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Well... you can use an ehx 8 step with a pitch fork.. but results are mixed...

Hologram effects dream sequence maybe?

Moog murf does peak  filter fx so can be used with a pitch shifter for whacky stuff..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Roger Linn AdrenaLinn

The Boss Slicer also does some things a bit like that, although more limited.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Could try the Dwarfcraft Pitchgrinder? I've had my eye on this for a while but don't really want to spend all that money on something I'd use sparingly. Looks great though.

http://www.dwarfcraft.com/pitchgrinder.html

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Death By Audio Robot always looked super fun to me 
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Hologram Dream Sequence.  Not arpeggios or step sequenced but very potent and controllable.
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    Probably overkill and over budget but the Boss SY-300 has a sequencer but only on the synth sounds, Andy PGS demoing it here at 5.54 onwards

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Dopesick said:
    Could try the Dwarfcraft Pitchgrinder? I've had my eye on this for a while but don't really want to spend all that money on something I'd use sparingly. Looks great though.

http://www.dwarfcraft.com/pitchgrinder.html

I owned one of these for a while and I promise you they are amazing! I got rid of it as it's inevitably one of those pedals where you realise you aren't really creative enough to do it justice! 

But honestly they are superb to fiddle around with. 
    How very rock and roll
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Doesn't the Way Huge Ring Worm do something similar?
  • Sassafras said:
    Doesn't the Way Huge Ring Worm do something similar?
    It looks like it might, mostly a ring mod I think.
  • I think the adrenalinn is the best. John frusciante used one for this sort of thing. 

Very powerful little bugger, but expensive. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    I think the adrenalinn is the best. John frusciante used one for this sort of thing. 

Unless you can find a techno-optimist who bought one and eventually realised that it just wouldn't integrate very well with the rest of his luddite analogue set-up. Then later missed it, bought another one, and immediately realised why he sold the first one...

;)

To be quite honest I passed on the Slicer the shop has in just now too, for the same reason - it's a very cool thing, but it's going to need a much more integrated approach than just sticking it on a pedalboard and hoping it will magically turn your guitar into an arpeggiated synth.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    The boss slicer is an awesome pedal. I run synth vsts through mine via a helix loop. Does some very funky swirly tremolo stuff. Not so good on guitar though.
  • Hologram Dream Sequence is great for that. Not just saying that because I have one for sale it is genuinely cracking. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I think the adrenalinn is the best. John frusciante used one for this sort of thing. 

I had one- I now use the FX8's sequencer and I prefer it the interface in the Fractal device.
    This was done with the looper and sequencer in the FX8:

• rprrpr Frets: 309
    What about the Z Vec Seek Wah?  My Line 6 FM4 has a few step filter models on it- including the Z Vec-though a lot less control than the original I'd imagine..I think their in the M series boxes as well 
  • octatonic said:

I had one- I now use the FX8's sequencer and I prefer it the interface in the Fractal device.
    This was done with the looper and sequencer in the FX8:

That sounds great!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    edited March 2017
    That sounds great!
    Cheers.

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Strymon Timeline does it, in a fashion.
  • Deijavoo said:
    Strymon Timeline does it, in a fashion.
    Well I have a Timeline, so now you must tell me! I didn't think it did arpeggiation.