£2,000 Guitar.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    jellyroll said:
    Baritone ukulele - it's tuned like a guitar!
    Really ?....... Right, l'm off to check them out !  =)
    Yes, it's basically the DGBE strings of a guitar (and fewer frets).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 657
    Just sold my Martin D18 last night. Great Guitar, but glad to see the back of it actually, it just wasn't for me. That's me down to one solitary parlour Guitar.
    After years and years of hard graft to finance a total of 17 guitars, it has only taken me a year to get rid of 16 of them.
    Quite theraputic actually. Am l nuts ?, or could it be a case of less is more ?
    If l sell this last one, l will be guitarless for the first time since l was 14 years old ...many moons ago.
    How long could you live without a guitar ?........
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4169
    , or could it be a case of less is more ?
    I think this is definitely the case - from a peak of over 30 guitars I now have 4 acoustics (and a strat and a tele in the wardrobe that never come out) and can cover any base I either need to now because of the things and places I play now, or aspire to be able to in the future. Anything further would be a distraction from working on my playing. Every now and then my head will get turned by something and I'll start thinking about mergers and acquisitions, but it usually passes. 

In an ideal world I'd be a one-guitar man - I love the idea of having a really deep familiarity with just one instrument, but I just can't quite get away with it, especially after getting back into playing bottleneck which I went off for a long time.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    one of the things I kinda liked about my extended hiatus from this place was I wasn't distracted or tempted by all the shiny things avaialble (plus living over an hour away from a decent guitar shop), meant I was able to focus more on other sources of distraction.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited March 2017
    Depends a bit on whether  you are a strummer or a fingerpicker.

If you're a strummer, I'd go for an all-mahogany OM sized Martin.

For fingerstyle I'd go for something from a smaller UK builder.

Actually, scrub that, just get an Atkin 

• elkayelkay Frets: 77
    I'm really fortunate to already have 3 £2K+ guitars, so if I inherit £2K I'd go and buy myself some talent ... wot, not for sale? Damn!
    I like different sounds but am trying to restrict myself to one guitar of each type - one do-it-all electric (strat); one jazzer, one nylon and one steel acoustic. Oh, and a flamenco, of course. Everyone should have a flamenco guitar 
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    jellyroll said:
    I like different sounds but am trying to restrict myself to one guitar of each type - one do-it-all electric (strat); one jazzer, one nylon and one steel acoustic. Oh, and a flamenco, of course. Everyone should have a flamenco guitar 
    and some flamenco fingers :)
    artiebear said:
    jellyroll said:
    and some flamenco fingers :)
    I wish!
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 657
    jellyroll said:

jellyroll said:

So you are 'trying' to restrict yourself to 5 guitars. ....at this minute, that's 4 more than me.
    Pick one .....no pressure  :#

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    edited April 2017
    jellyroll said:

but of course
    AliGorie said:
    made my own, latin flamenco fusion in maple / spruce.
    very slightly radius to the f/board and narrower, slimmer, more rounded neck, not as wide s/spacing - basically all slightly modified to my own taste being a steel string / flat top player.
    Fish glue and french polish throughout.
    Heres a friend playing it.

guitars are not impossible to build guys, you just need the WILL and somewhere to do it, it's the same 'process' as becoming a player.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    jellyroll said:

jellyroll said:

So you are 'trying' to restrict yourself to 5 guitars. ....at this minute, that's 4 more than me.
    Pick one .....no pressure  :#

It was a joke. 
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    @AliGorie That's a lovely looking guitar! 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I haven't posted it for sale yet but if you have any interest in a brand new Taylor 712ce let me know! 
    edited April 2017
    forgive me if Im misunderstanding all this acquisition syndrome but I'm being reminded of a certain materially driven ubber pro worship guitar site over the pond and their endless lists of 'possessions' (usually in their signatures), and all with very little (music - if any) to show for it -  it's all just expensive bit's of dead trees, maybe that's the actual point ?.
    there I said it. o

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    edited April 2017
    AliGorie said:
    forgive me if Im misunderstanding all this acquisition syndrome but I'm being reminded of a certain materially driven ubber pro worship guitar site over the pond and their endless lists of 'possessions' (usually in their signatures), and all with very little (music - if any) to show for it -  it's all just expensive bit's of dead trees, maybe that's the actual point ?.
    there I said it. o

The point is............................. Bragging rights, D that is all,

There is nothing wrong at all with the showing of, and even not really playing them apart from copying your favourite guitarists.

The issue for me is the crap that gets spouted about purity,  mythical pickups, hearing a difference in types of rose wood fingerboards..... On an electric lol 

Guitars sounding sterile hahha bugger off its your fingers that are sterile not the guitar! 
    Mocking others for buying far eastern guitars, usually all to cover up the ineptability to play but making the guitar a priority and not the music and playing it. 

right on strangefan
    I posted a sound clip on my eastern made copy to a BIG forum  and they thought it was a Collings !! - I doubt any of them actually heard 'the music'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    Yep, GAS can be quite pernicious and you end up spending more time looking at new guitars than actually working out new songs/pieces to play.

Having said that there are so many lovely instruments to look at and play these days, temptation is all around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom