Budget delay/reverb pedal

What's Hot
BobTheSalmonBobTheSalmon Frets: 37
Hi folks

I am in a flux period regarding pedals/boards and am trying to find a pedal that will take care of basic reverb and delay needs. I am NOT looking for people's suggestions for their favourite reverb and delays (I have RV5, HOF & Carbon Copy, AD9) but what I am looking for is a pedal that will cover both Analogue Delay sounds and Hall/Church type reverbs. I have had a quick look and don't know if such a thing exists.

It's for a specific small board that needs to be basic and budget conscious.

Two pedals would be fine but budget is key word - up to £70 pref.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26465
    Zoom MS70CDR. There's no other choice - a fiver over-budget new, or significantly under second-hand.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    I'm sure the Behringer Echo Machine could be set up to make reverb sounds .. i'll give it a go tonight
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16256
    There are a few pedals that do delay + reverb although combining two usually expensive effects doesn't tend to be cheap. 
    ZCat do one, €119 plus delivery. Generally well regarded pedals.
    The CKK Space Station looks really good, £109 from Gear4Music. 
    Then Keeley and EQD but even more out of budget. I guess the ZCat and CKK would only be on your budget used and not that likely to turn up. 
    So, the Zoom is looking good.
    There was much praise on here for the Belcat delay (it's an analogue voiced digital delay) which is £18.99, so £50 left for a reverb.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Zoom MS70CDR. There's no other choice - a fiver over-budget new, or significantly under second-hand.
    Ah yes, good suggestion. Can you save patches/use the effects simultaneously?
    Zoom MS70CDR. There's no other choice - a fiver over-budget new, or significantly under second-hand.
    Yes, and yes.
    <space for hire>
  • Zoom MS70CDR. There's no other choice - a fiver over-budget new, or significantly under second-hand.
    Yes, and yes.
    Excellent. Many thanks I'll look into that.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12881
    I think the CDR70 is probably your best bet. The switching can be a bit awkward but for the budget in question it's almost certainly going to be the best sounds - there are very few budget reverb pedals at all unfortunately. 
  • Thanks folks. Really appreciate all responses.
  • Has anyone used the Tone City Tape Machine Delay? I loved the Angel Wing chorus by Tone City - a better pedal than many twice it's price.
  • grayngrayn Frets: 870
    For value, you can't beat the Belcat Analog Delay.
    Super cheap,  great sound and true bypass.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    But maybe budget for a new power supply, I was interested in one of those but luckily checked the current draw first. Can't remember what it was but it's sure as fuck not wah pedal level :)
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Did you see the zoom ms50g thread? All the 70cdr patches now available in a software update for the 50.

(Love my 70).
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    Given the recent updates, a Zoom MS50g will give you everything the MS70 CDR does plus a whole host more. They're generally cheaper than the MS70CDR too.
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

Beexter said:
    Given the recent updates, a Zoom MS50g will give you everything the MS70 CDR does plus a whole host more. They're generally cheaper than the MS70CDR too.
    What the MS50G doesn't give you is twofold - true stereo operation, and the ability to handle line-level signals. If you don't care about either of those, then go for it :)
    <space for hire>
  • elmsyelmsy Frets: 1
    Donner yellow fall is a great delay for the price
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    Beexter said:
    What the MS50G doesn't give you is twofold - true stereo operation, and the ability to handle line-level signals. If you don't care about either of those, then go for it :)
    I stand corrected - didn't know about the line level thing.
  • Once again, thanks all for contributing. I have a Zoom g3n which is a fantastic piece of kit for the money...especially if you're old enough (as I am) to remember the MFX units of the eraly/mid 90s!!!!

That said I looked at the MS50G, and may have to try it out...
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5128
    Also worth considering is the Line 6 M5 - it'll only do one effect at a time, but will certainly cover what you want and more.

Judging by the manual, patch changing on the MS70CDR is going to be an utter ball-ache. The M5 is a little easier (even more so if you set it to "instant presets", which will let you scroll through presets with a single button press), and has a dedicated tap tempo footswitch. You end up with a physically much larger pedal though. All depends on your priorities.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    edited March 2017
    S/H TC Flashback. 

Ahh just saw you want Reverb as well as delay. 

as you were. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.