Budget delay/reverb pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    Rowin Echo - superb 'analogue' tape echo sounds and slapback and ambients... mine was just £15 off AliEx - is a nano so you can get a nano Reverb (Mooer Shimverb) and be quids in AND only a tiny space taken up.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Rowin Echo - superb 'analogue' tape echo sounds and slapback and ambients... mine was just £15 off AliEx - is a nano so you can get a nano Reverb (Mooer Shimverb) and be quids in AND only a tiny space taken up.

The Shimverb isn't going to meet the OP's reverb needs. Its pretty "meh" to be honest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    I wanted a spare small option for a 'carrier bag' rig to take to rehearsals. On the big river website the Donner Yellow fall pedal is about £23 delivered. Sophisticated it is not, silent....well,  but click on with a bit of drive for a solo and it's more than adequate.

My main echo devices are a Roland RE501 tape unit and a Boss RE20, this little thing (plus the combos reverb) gets the job done for peanuts.
    57Deluxe said:

The Shimverb isn't going to meet the OP's reverb needs. Its pretty "meh" to be honest.
    Shimverb was just an example for size constraint...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Judging by the manual, patch changing on the MS70CDR is going to be an utter ball-ache.

Set your favorites and cycle through them with the footswitch. I have 3 favorites set on mine. Works fine - no fuss.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    57Deluxe said:
    57Deluxe said:

Yeah, but there basically aren't any other £25 mini Reverb pedals that are any good. The OP needs both and is on a budget. 
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I'm confused - if you have a HOF and Carbon Copy why wouldn't you use them? 
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    Zoom MS70CDR. There's no other choice - a fiver over-budget new, or significantly under second-hand.
    I'd second that. It's a great pedal that does a does lot more to boot.  8 effects at once as well. 
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    steer said:

Judging by the manual, patch changing on the MS70CDR is going to be an utter ball-ache.

Set your favorites and cycle through them with the footswitch. I have 3 favorites set on mine. Works fine - no fuss.
    It's easier than you think. The line select function allows effects placed after the line select function to be switched by the foot switch giving you a patch within a patch. A really great pedal. Cycling between patches is less hassle than fiddling with knobs on individual pedals trying to dial them in. You can name the patches too making cycling patches easier. 
  • rico said:
    I'm confused - if you have a HOF and Carbon Copy why wouldn't you use them? 

They stay on my main board. I want a compact board for jamming/easy portability and fun
  • After investigation I purchased a Donner Yellow Fall Delay...£23! Unbelievable value for money, small and self oscillates - great fun.

Now just need to find a similarly great reverb...
  • PS. I do realise I have strayed slightly from my initial request...!
    57Deluxe said:
    57Deluxe said:

Yeah, but there basically aren't any other £25 mini Reverb pedals that are any good. The OP needs both and is on a budget. 
    you didn't look hard enough...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MOSKY-MP-51-Spring-Reverb-Mini-Single-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-True-Bypass/32800742747.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.LAKoyn

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/s--WZkncbXx--/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_90,w_620/v1489013153/iklowfnlmntvjqwzbzxh.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>