Blackguard build, nearly there!

What's Hot
ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
edited March 2017 in Making & Modding
Quite pleased with this one, it's my second attempt. Sprayed and aged the body, neck and pickguard, managed to get the checking just right. Neck is a nice chunky Boat V from Musikraft. Just need to get some age appropriate knobs.

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r766/zoolooter/DSC_9000_zps95helugk.jpg

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r766/zoolooter/DSC_9006_zpsgjd44ptw.jpg

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r766/zoolooter/DSC_9013_zpsncd1jjd7.jpg

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    Mate, that looks absolutely bang on... you've nailed those tones 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Mate, that looks absolutely bang on... you've nailed those tones 
    Cheers buddy. The inspiration came from picking up a £2800 CS Nocaster and being less than impressed with the ageing, also the colour was way off. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1769
    Stunning!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    That's a fantastic job, checking is spot on and good to see it's not over relic'd   Very nice indeed
    Thanks guys, much appreciated. 
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Very nice job.

Needs a nitro sprayed Bakelite guard though, that one looks too thick (unless it's the shadows).
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    That checking looks really good. I prefer that to any of the standard grind-off-the-paint relicing I've seen.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • That's ace, well done. Certainly looks custom shop. What pickups are going in there?
    That's ace, well done. Certainly looks custom shop. What pickups are going in there?
    Cheers mate. Bare Knuckles Country Boy in the bridge, which is really nice. The Country Boy name is a bit misleading. When I spoke to BKP's they said this bridge is their version of a low'ish output 50's blackguard pickup. The specs are very similar to the pu's in the Nacho Blackguard book, there is nothing hot or overwound in all the blackguards Nacho took apart and tested. Also in that book there are no baseball bat necks either, chunky, yes. A Fender Twisted Tele is going in the neck, which has some nice chime and sparkle. 
  • Sweet, very appropriate pickups... niiiiiice

• jimificationjimification Frets: 161
    edited April 2017
    Wow that's really nice. I am a couple of months behind you on a similar project ('51 nocaster replica thingy), so really great to see.

Is that freezer checking? Came out very well. Very nice job on the aging too. Do you mind my asking how you got the faded areas? By sanding back some parts of the tinted clear before spraying the clear coat? Cheers.
    edited April 2017
    Wow that's really nice. I am a couple of months behind you on a similar project ('51 nocaster replica thingy), so really great to see.

Is that freezer checking? Came out very well. Very nice job on the aging too. Do you mind my asking how you got the faded areas? By sanding back some parts of the tinted clear before spraying the clear coat? Cheers.
    Pm'd
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom