Wampler Psychosomatic Drive

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
Andertons are going to make a few ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Norwegian_BlueNorwegian_Blue Frets: 462
    edited April 2017
    And 25 people have actually bought them.... at least the insanity of the bedroom guitarist is serving a good cause!
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Thats one of the coolest thing I've seen on the andertons channel.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Hold on a sec....... A pedal that does.. Nothing? What am. I missing here? 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Errrmmm. So they're empty boxes? Great idea for an April Fools gag, but why not just ask people to donate to the charity and reduce the carbon footprint etc of making and shipping these pointless boxes. I have enjoyed many Anderton's videos, but this reeks of them disappearing up their own @rses a bit.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    What's the bet the end end on on eBay as collectors items with an inflated price tag ... the Holy Grail of tone .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Wow, ok so April fool yeah cool lol funny and all bit to actually make them.. That's a bit sad. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    edited April 2017
    To be fair (and I'm going off memory of the video here) he doesn't actually say that they're empty boxes does he? Don't get me wrong I don't think there's anything going on. I actually wish that he would have just said that they are essentially nothing but we are going to sell them as a memento of the day to raise money for charity. I don't like the way he sort of left it open ended....

either way though anyone doing anything for TCT should be encouraged so maybe we should hold off too much cynicism/criticism
    How very rock and roll
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I guess April Fool's isn't for everyone.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I get the impression from Jason at Wampler that the ones sold are actually DB+'s internally, in which case £60 is actually quite a deal!
    Sassafras said:
    I guess April Fool's isn't for everyone.

Isn't the whole point to fool someone you're not really fooling someone if you make it bloody real! :D
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    i dont get the beef with this...the money is going to charity, which i think is great. I would much prefer to give money to charity and receive this empty box as a cool momento, then be hassled on the street by a Chunt who's trying to hit his/her sales target.

also...i watched the video, i dont see how he's left it open ended as to what the pedal does, its pretty clear that its just a nothing pedal, but more of a novelty box.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom