Dominic Miller has a new album out

FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
edited February 2014 in Music
I like this track ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Is he the guy that's played with Sting for years?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Is he the guy that's played with Sting for years?
    Yes ... his solo albums are good. As he was born in Argentina [he's English though] he mixes South American themes in his music. A talented guitarist.

• thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited February 2014
    I have his first solo record. Great player. Mike Lindup is on it :-) 
  • Track above sounds like he's playing in 7/8. When the drums enter in 7/4 the accents work against each other beautifully. I wonder whether he nicked this concept from Sting, namely the track St Augustine in Hell.
    Track above sounds like he's playing in 7/8. When the drums enter in 7/4 the accents work against each other beautifully. I wonder whether he nicked this concept from Sting, namely the track St Augustine in Hell.
    It could be the other way round as he does co-write/arrange some of Sting's songs. I guess that's why he's been working with Sting for so long.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306

A great player and loved what he did with Sting. I'm not so familair with his solo stuff, but this is nice.

Thanks

@thisisguitar - Mike Lindup is in Dominic's live band. This track features Mike and Mark King on bass. Alex Hutchings is in Mike Lindup's band ...

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Is he the guy that's played with Sting for years?
    He done shape of my heart with Sting which is ace!
  • @Fretwired - Thanks for the track mate. I'm a big fan of Level 42 :-)

You could be right about that regarding Sting. Then again it might be Vinnie's influence, via Zappa. Dominic is clearly no slouch though.

I remember seeing a documentary where Sting talks about the Mephis Horns coming over and playing on 'I Hung My Head', and having to explain to them how to play over it as they could only play in 4/4. 
    @Fretwired - Thanks for the track mate. I'm a big fan of Level 42 :-)

You could be right about that regarding Sting. Then again it might be Vinnie's influence, via Zappa. Dominic is clearly no slouch though.

I remember seeing a documentary where Sting talks about the Mephis Horns coming over and playing on 'I Hung My Head', and having to explain to them how to play over it as they could only play in 4/4. 
    @thisisguitar Dominic wrote the music for shape of my heart .. I'm a big Level 42 fan as well ... saw them a few times back in the 80s. Mark King is an ace bass player.

• @Fretwired - I know, big Sting fan! Didn't get to see L42 in the 80s, but have been into them since Running In The Family came out. Mark King is astonishing, as are the whole band actually. Lindup's keyboard layering on Starchild is brilliant.

Must have been amazing live?