Help Advice needed re staight to PA

lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3310
I gig with a duo once a week but never seem to get a decent sound with going straight into PA. Now I use a Pod2, which is ok but any suggestions (sub £100) for a unit that is on the floor and will sound great plugged straight into PA?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Yamaha DG Stomp did me very nicely for such duties - you might need to hunt around a bit but they sound great and are built like a brick.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72227
    Blackstar HT-Dual if you just want a basic clean and overdrive.

Zoom G3/G3X or Boss ME-50 for multi-FX.

All should be around £100 or under second hand.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Cheers. I was thinking of going the Boss route.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72227
    Cheers. I was thinking of going the Boss route.
    The ME-50 is not bad - the speaker emulation is very basic (non adjustable), but to be honest if you're DI'ing into the PA you have no control over the final sound anyway so being able to select a cab type etc is probably the least of your worries!

The reason I sold the two I've owned is nothing to do with the sound or the DI functionality, it's because the way it operates the Manual mode is too limited for what I wanted - Manual is a separate memory patch which just gives you a simple pedalboard corresponding to how the knobs are set, rather than allowing you manual control over the previously selected patch. That may or may not be what you want...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• All I need is drive, clean delay really. I just want a decentish sound out front!

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    The Blackstar is a great route soundwise. The size and odd PSU put some people off, but the emulated output it the key here.

KISS principle.

• Joyo amp simulator range? I have the American
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • quick update. I managed to get a POD XT, Floor board and case for 65 quid which will be perfect. Cheers for help