Blues Harmonica - guitarists world

What's Hot
The blues harmonica is a wind instrument perfect for electric guitarists. 
I took up learning bluesharp 8 years ago after 35 years as a gigging guitarist and it embraces everything I love. 

I play the 10 hole diatonic harmonica through an amp.

The saying goes that, if you can breathe, you can play a harmonica, but the real challenge is to be able to play single notes.
It is a dynamic little instrument that delivers exceptional nuance.
It is always flirting with attack and decay, bending notes, vibrato, staccato and fluttering.

The Gear. 
The different mic's, amps and effects are a haven of exploration to getting 'tone' that us guitarists cherish. 

If you are a guitarist who is able to improvise without thinking, then the bluesharp is yours to embrace because finding the notes is easy, delivering them is all technique. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This is me, the guitar player on bluesharp. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's cool ,great tone and feel there! I dabble in the black art of  blues harp,but never been able to get that tone. What mics,effects and amp are you using please ?
    Cheers 
    Mark. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's cool ,great tone and feel there! I dabble in the black art of  blues harp,but never been able to get that tone. What mics,effects and amp are you using please ?
    Cheers 
    Mark. 

• I use a Green Bullet mic, a Lonewolf HarpBreak pedal and a Fender Blues Jr amp, with a 12AU valve replacing the 12AX. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6096
    Oh yeah! Now that's just cooler than a cool thing. I love blues harmonica.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • This is the first song I wrote and recorded on harmonica with a band, my band, The Hubcaps.

The first time I had ever been in a recording studio without a guitar !

I stole a bit from Led Zep for the middle break.......

• gordijigordiji Frets: 782
    Sounds great. The harmonica is for me the only instrument to to challenge an electric  guitar for sheer 'smokin ' factor. Loud & wound up through a valve amp.
    When the levee breaks haunts me .
  • gordiji said:
    Sounds great. The harmonica is for me the only instrument to to challenge an electric  guitar for sheer 'smokin ' factor. Loud & wound up through a valve amp.
    When the levee breaks haunts me .
    Yep, you got it.