NPD - Vox DelayLab

What's Hot
Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
My Vox DelayLab turned up today, I'll probably get a few hours with it this week. Pretty excited.

Is there any interest in a write up? I've bought an expression pedal with it too for maximum joy.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Yes please I am considering one of these too.

Thanks in advance.
  • Had a quick 15 minutes on it last night, first impressions were good, the pre-set banks were pretty usable TBH.

Quick run down:

The analog settings sound quite nice, you can cause it to self oscillate too. 
    Modulation on it is actually pretty usable (as someone that doesn't use or particularly like modulation).
    Settings are pretty standard and have wide ranges, 
    Most delays appear to have 3 modes (standard, vintage and custom) some have subtle changes and some are more distinctive.
    One of the settings appears to have a pre-amp emulator in it, so when you drive it a little harder, the repeats get a bit of overdrive.
    Not used the looper yet, but that's not what I bought it for.

Had a quick go with the expression pedal too, you can assign the setting and the range of the setting from heel to toe. Mostly been using it on the mix settings to give additional accents to certain chords.

Pros - 
    Good wide range of sounds (reverse, modulated, double, shimmer, etc)
    Very tweakable
    30 Save patches, I'm a mostly set and forget kind of guy.
    No noise or pedal clicks
    Informative manual - honestly it's got useful tips in it!

Cons - 
    Finding the bank selection process slightly cumbersome currently, but I think most of that's due to lack or familiarity.
    No power pack in box! It does include batteries though, and takes a standard boss style adapter.

Current judgement - I'm happy with it, bit daunted by the scope of the thing but who doesn't like learning a new skill.

Hope this helps @johnnyurq ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Thanks very much @Shark_Eyes that is much appreciated, very grateful you took time out to do the review.

It is sounding like I may have to be getting one of these, damned naughty GAS. 
    :D
  • No problem. The cheapest I've found is on Amazon for £159 (I think).