Helix LT is now available for order. Cut down version - ish.

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23966
I thought it was an April Fools' but it's not

http://line6.com/support/topic/26575-helix-lt-faq/

Internal tech / sounds are the same. Less IO options etc. Read the link.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    edited April 2017
    Interesting but not cut down enough for most I suspect, although in reality it probably *is* enough for most people, the fact that it isn't quite the literal do-all solution might hurt it.

In theory it'd be perfect for me assuming identical processing power, but it's not very much cheaper if it's $999, though I guess if that ends up as $850 street price then it'll probably do very well. Hmm...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    No UK price yet, but €999 at Thomann.

I expect this will settle at about £799
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Interesting. I don't reckon I'd need any of the features they've got rid of. Now I need to try one out.
    If you don't need all the IO and stuff then this is basically a full Helix sound wise for well under a grand.
    edited April 2017
    Guitar Centre (sorry... Center) has literally just posted a video.

Interesting but not cut down enough for most I suspect, although in reality it probably *is* enough for most people, the fact that it isn't quite the literal do-all solution might hurt it.

In theory it'd be perfect for me assuming identical processing power, but it's not very much cheaper if it's $999

Well, I reckon about 400 quid cheaper..
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Was expecting somthing like this but not this quickly.  It would certainly have done me for what I'm using the Helix for, I would miss the scribble strips though :)
  • I can't see any UK stockists yet but in the US it is $999.99 vs $1499.99 for the regular Helix (from Sweetwater).

But note this - 
    • Registered Helix LT owners can purchase the Helix Native plug-in for $299 (normally $399; registered Helix and Helix Rack owners get it for $99)
    So if you were going to get Native anyway it is worth bearing that in mind, makes the total price a little closer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23966
    Using the US prices - if it does come in at about a third cheaper then I can see them shifting a load of these.

If I ever needed a back up to my rack I'd probably have this version as the spare.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited April 2017
    Yeah it is a good amount cheaper judging by the US prices.

Realistically the only thing I'd miss would be the scribble strips.  But I've managed for years putting coloured tape on everything so it's not like there's no cheap and quick fix for longer range visibility.
    Ok, didn't realise the full one was as much as 1499 in the US; that's quite a decent chunk off. Maybe this is the version I'll be getting then! 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Ok, now I'm interested. Don't need anything that they've taken off. Not going to replace my board and amp but for occasional "everything else" effects and a high quality headphone / practice amp, I'm in.
  • I think they've done a good job on the feature set. It does all the stuff you'd need it to do unless you had some non standard requirements (such as needing the extra loops).

I do use SPDIF with my Fractal unit for recording/reamping, but a plugin negates that anyway as you don't have to reamp at all.
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Quite excited by this.

I couldn't have justified the expense of a full Helix and was a bit underwhelmed by the Amplifire when I compared it to the Helix so the LT is great news. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26463
    Coincidence that the Headrush is out soon, at £899? I think not... ;)

Still, I'd rather they'd cut it down a bit further - maybe just one loop and one in/out - and brought the price down a bit more.

Interesting part is that the L6 dude in the Guitar Center video said, "...the same HX technology as the whole Helix family". More to come on top of Helix Native? Perhaps a replacement for the M9/M13?
    <space for hire>
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    Shame it doesn't have the tag labels though as that's a very useful feature for gigging.  Otherwise, how do you know what button does what?  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • I think a new M series pedal is a given, just a matter of when 
  • Voxman said:
    Shame it doesn't have the tag labels though as that's a very useful feature for gigging.  Otherwise, how do you know what button does what?  
    Electrical tape in multiple colours, and a marker pen. Not pretty but functional
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom