Why are Gear Demo's so terrible ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I'm not keen on Mike Hermans demos. He's technically good but his playing his just so boring and clinical.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    One of the best I have found lately on YouTube 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Reverb are some of the worst. Best for me are Johan Segeborn, always good tone and playing.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Sassafras said:
    I'm not keen on Mike Hermans demos. He's technically good but his playing his just so boring and clinical.
    Agreed, no life about his demos whatsoever and comes across as going thru the motions
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Dont think anyone has mentioned Chappers, he is bloody awful and a combination of him and "unfunny" Pete Honore is more than my nerves can take, ive plenty of time for lee and his the capt meets videos are very very good.
  • DungusDungus Frets: 170
    Dont think anyone has mentioned Chappers, he is bloody awful and a combination of him and "unfunny" Pete Honore is more than my nerves can take, ive plenty of time for lee and his the capt meets videos are very very good.
    No matter how interested I am in what they are demo-ing, I will shut off the video at "Greeeetings!" every time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Worst online demos are gearwire and the tone king, a demo of an engl powerball using a 12 string rickenbacker is the kinda crap gearwire put out and tone king just hasnt a clue.

Gearwire demos are handy if you suffer from insomnia.
    You'll be fast asleep within the first 2 minutes.
    Tone King will just give you nightmares.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I think Knobs does some outstanding stuff, but his playing style doesn't lend itself to anything with much gain. Agreed that Just Nick's relative lack of chops is a plus, compared to the shredders and blues guys.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I think Chappers has been mentioned enough on this forum to last us all a lifetime. 

I quite like the CME ones, they are quite clear and I enjoy trying to work out if they are sending themselves up or not (on balance probably not). Partly also because I recently saw pictures of the inside of their shop - wow, guitar wonderland. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • VJIves said:
    I think Knobs does some outstanding stuff, but his playing style doesn't lend itself to anything with much gain. Agreed that Just Nick's relative lack of chops is a plus, compared to the shredders and blues guys.

I found knobs stuff to mostly just be odd noises that didn't do much for me, perhaps as they were out of context... 

Also gets the award for most hipster channel on YouTube. 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111

I found knobs stuff to mostly just be odd noises that didn't do much for me, perhaps as they were out of context... 

No chance. OBNE take that prize. 

• I found knobs stuff to mostly just be odd noises that didn't do much for me, perhaps as they were out of context... 

No chance. OBNE take that prize. 

Bah! Errors.