GigRig G2 and Flint Users....

What's Hot
KylefKylef Frets: 1042
....how do you use yours, in a loop in the G2 or post G2?

The likeliness is I would have the reverb on mine for 99% of the time so would make sense to have it post G2, but naturally I would occasionally like the tremolo on so I'd like this to be controlled by G2 so I'm stumped as to how. Is there something I'm missing?

The only way I can see it is to have it post G2, reverb on all the time, and have a favourite setting to turn the Flint tremolo on and off via the remote switch output on the G2, however I'm not sure if this will work in that even thought the tremolo is off (rate and depth to 0), that the tremolo is actually 100% out of the signal. 

Can the Strymon favourite setting turn the trem and verbs on/off? And can the G2 create the favourite setting on the Flint, or just recall it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I though the favourite setting included whether the effects are on/off on the flint so the G2 could switch to the setting and have the non favourite with the trem off.   
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Similar for me - last loop in my G2.

Flint set for a subtle, normal reverb - and for the patches where I have my Timeline engaged, the Flint is off - so it's reverb or delay most of the time for me.

Next to the G2 I have a Strymon favourite switch that turns the flint to a lush thick reverb with trem engaged.

The Flint is also accessible so if I want to add tremolo at any time I can, loop 10 selection permitting.

I did think of using the G2 to trigger the favourite, but that's not how I have my patches organised.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7406
    Yep use G2 ext switch option to engage a favourite setting 
    Red ones are better. 
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    Do you know if the G2 can store a favourite setting?
    The G2 doesn't need to - the Strymon favourite switch is simply a latching foot switch, the 'storing' is done in the flint itself.

The G2 would just need to use one of it's latching remote switches
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    I'd avoid having it perm in chain- nasty ADDA's in it so keep it in a loop so you can bypass.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes but I'd need to store a favourite setting, I'm not sure the G2 would be able to do that. 
    Kylef said:
    Yes but I'd need to store a favourite setting, I'm not sure the G2 would be able to do that. 
    Not sure what you mean by that, but in case it helps: The Flint has as part of its functionality the ability to store a single 'favourite' setting (a preset by another name) 
    It is activated by engaging an external switch connected to the Flint.

G2 can send external switching, err, switches via its external switch connections - it is designed like that so it can switch amp channels on those amps that support it, but it works to engage a Strymon favourite setting in the same way.

All you need to do in G2 to enable it is whilst you have the relevant patch active in G2, press the relevant external switch control. This selection is then automatically stored with that preset. 

Does that make sense? 
    Red ones are better. 
    It does mate, but I'm meaning actually creating the favourite setting to how the user wants it to be. I'm aware that the G2 can call up the favourite setting, but can it actually create the favourite setting?

Sorry I don't mean to be rude - but have you read the Flint manual?

The G2 doesn't create anything - just as it doesn't on my Timeline or Mobius.

On the Flint you turn on the ability to have a favourite mode - you do this once, I forget how but it's in the manual.

You then trigger the favourite mode, by either the pedal - or the G2.

You then move the knobs on the Flint to whatever setting you like, and press and hold bypass - on the Flint, this stores the favourite setting, on the Flint.

You then take it out of favourite mode - either by pressing the footswitch, or changing the latching switch setting on the G2.

The Flint will then function according to whatever the knobs are set to, if you move the knobs the sound will change.

Going forward you now have two Flints - the one which is how the knobs are currently set, and the one stored in the Flint - used when in favourite mode.

I'm not sure what you're expecting the G2 to create, it's just triggering the Flint into favourite mode

Right, this is making more sense. I've wrongly assumed that it would be some sort of button press on the favourite switch, say press and hold to store, but from what you're saying it's on the Flint and not the favourite switch where the favourite setting is created which makes sense. Phew! Thanks all.
    You've got it!

yep all flint based 
    From the manual:

"Connect an external FAVORITE SWITCH to store and recall your favorite preset. TIP: Press and hold the Reverb BYPASS switch to store your favorite setting." 
    Red ones are better.