Eric Gales live in sleepy Dorset !

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7114
My daughter is 14 and was looking for me to take her to see a band locally so asked me to see who was playing.

Imagine my joy when I found out Eric Gales is playing in Poole at the end of May. Small venue, (Mr Kyps),nice bar and £13 a ticket !

2 tickets bought and neither of them for my daughter :-)
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    edited April 2017
    What a good dad... Oh.  ;)

Not familiar with Eric Gales, will go have a listen. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7114
    I should but one of those 'worlds greatest dads' mugs.  He's good , really good 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    There is an Eric Gales Premier Guitar rig rundown just gone up on YouTube.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Wow! That guy is an absolute animal. What a player. Enjoy!
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2552
    Top man!! I love Eric Gales.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14213
    tFB Trader
    My daughter is 14 and was looking for me to take her to see a band locally so asked me to see who was playing.

Imagine my joy when I found out Eric Gales is playing in Poole at the end of May. Small venue, (Mr Kyps),nice bar and £13 a ticket !

2 tickets bought and neither of them for my daughter :-)
    lucky git !!!!!! - no where near me for any gigs - enjoy it - love the latest album and played it loads
    Cheers all, I've now got 3 of my favourite Strat players coming up in May.  Robert Cray, John Mayer and Eric Gales. I knew I shouldn't have sold that K Line Springfield !
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Collings said:
    Yeah, that's worth a watch.

The album is really good. The YouTube clips I've seen of him live seem to be typical blues jam stuff (very well done but nonetheless quite a lot of guitar wankery) so I wonder if you'll get that or the more structured and varied approach of the album. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Collings said:
    Yeah, that's worth a watch.

The album is really good. The YouTube clips I've seen of him live seem to be typical blues jam stuff (very well done but nonetheless quite a lot of guitar wankery) so I wonder if you'll get that or the more structured and varied approach of the album. 
    It's a good point and full on blues for 90 mins would send me to the bar but I've seen loads of clips of his where he would suddenly break into a jazz run or an unexpected jazzy chord in the middle of a blues progression - he likes taking a risk or two.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I cannot go to see Blues players now - there's so little new (locally) but Eric and Josh Smith are 2 guys who I could listen to for hours! 
    Eric is playing here in Edinburgh too - can't wait! New album is really good - some nice groove, bit of Prince in there too and some actually damn good songs. But live - he's just a freak of nature - stunning player who always does something unexpected - great rhythmically too

This is incredible - the little piece coming in at 40 secs - and then when he breaks into the screaming lead part 1 min later - ooft. The line up of guitarists behind him are no slouches either! Oz Noy, Mark Lettieri and Matt Schofield are left wondering what just happened :dizzy: 
    He owns a stage when he walks on too.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Also seeing Snarky Puppy in May too :)
    This vid is great too - 

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Vaiai said:
    I cannot go to see Blues players now - there's so little new (locally) but Eric and Josh Smith are 2 guys who I could listen to for hours! 
    Eric is playing here in Edinburgh too - can't wait! New album is really good - some nice groove, bit of Prince in there too and some actually damn good songs. But live - he's just a freak of nature - stunning player who always does something unexpected - great rhythmically too

This is incredible - the little piece coming in at 40 secs - and then when he breaks into the screaming lead part 1 min later - ooft. The line up of guitarists behind him are no slouches either! Oz Noy, Mark Lettieri and Matt Schofield are left wondering what just happened :dizzy: 
    He owns a stage when he walks on too.

Merciless! That is not even human.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    Thank I need to check him out again, not really listened to him since 20 years ago when he was far to Strat blues generic for my ears. Saw him at a blues festival in the US and he was obviously a great player but just a little too much showmanship. Looks like he's matured nicely. Thanks for the headsup.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    The support band at this gig are great too "backwater roll" 
    Good to know , cheers @shaunm ;
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Wow, that would be a fab gig to go to!
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    Damn, I can't believe I hadn't heard of this guy, he's awesome. Wish I was down there when it's on.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 293
    Strat54 said:
    Thank I need to check him out again, not really listened to him since 20 years ago when he was far to Strat blues generic for my ears. Saw him at a blues festival in the US and he was obviously a great player but just a little too much showmanship. Looks like he's matured nicely. Thanks for the headsup.
    He's had a tough career path. Serious drug issues and a couple of spells in jail. He seems to have left that all behind him now. One hell of a player. 

• newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    Thanks for the heads up!

bumping as tonight is the night and I think there are still tickets available