Stereo board connections

What's Hot
hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
edited April 2017 in FX

Hope you guys can clear something up for me. I’m about to embark on a stereo amp set up using my Strymons i.e. Mobius and Timeline. I use a wireless system and a Disaster Area Looper where I plug in a few other pedals i.e. compressor, OD and Distortion. Can someone advise how I should connect this up ? Do I go, from the wireless into the looper or go into the Mobius first etc?

For the stereo effect I will go left OUT of the Mobius to the Left IN on the Timeline and right OUT of the Mobius to the lift IN on the Timeline and from the Timeline go into my amp, stereo SUM/MON splitter. So it’s the looper bit that I am getting confused with. Clear as mud ?

In your responses can you list the chain/route in which I should go etc mentioning the Mobius/Timeline actual port names etc. Sorry to be anal but it just helps me

Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• A Goodwood Audio Interfacer could be the answer to your stereo/mono switching nightmares...looks like I have one for sale too! ;-)

You need to go through your looper (and OD and compressors) then out into the input of your Mobius, then stereo out of that into the TL, then split the signal stereo to left and right amps. 

I'd be more complex than that, to utilise preamp and put the Mob and TL after one of the preamps and then feed the left to the Return and the right to the other amps Return (bypassing its preamp).
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I might be missing something but can't you just go from the L & R outputs on the timeline into your amps?     
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    edited April 2017
    John_P said:
    I might be missing something but can't you just go from the L & R outputs on the timeline into your amps?     
    Well yeah but I'm not quite sure how to connect the looper. So:-

DA looper OUT into Mobius Left IN ..... what goes into the Mobius's right IN? Does it need to have anything plugged in there. 

So :-

DA Looper to Left IN of Mobius

Right IN of Mobius to ??????

Left OUT of Mobius to Timeline Left IN
    Right OUT of Mobius to Timeline's Right IN

Left  OUT of Timeline to box
    Right OUT of Timeline to box

Box output 1 to one amp
    Box output 2 to other amp

Or am I missing something?
    Just been told the Mobius's right IN doesn't need anything connected as it's all mono before then ;) So I think I'm good thanks :) But I maybe back LOL
    A Goodwood Audio Interfacer could be the answer to your stereo/mono switching nightmares...looks like I have one for sale too! ;-)

You need to go through your looper (and OD and compressors) then out into the input of your Mobius, then stereo out of that into the TL, then split the signal stereo to left and right amps. 

I'd be more complex than that, to utilise preamp and put the Mob and TL after one of the preamps and then feed the left to the Return and the right to the other amps Return (bypassing its preamp).
    I've just got one made from Bright Onion @Jonathanthomas83 . Shame because the one you're selling would have been better and would have bought that i'f I'd seen it :(
  • Ah mate, gutted :-( Good luck with it! :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922