Disaster area designs release midi controller for Neunaber V2

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
This looks super cool. I love the slate and expanse software, but hated the ExP module. This little thing enables midi control of the pedal, so from the ES 5/8 for example you can get the pedal to switch algorithm and change settings... 

Might need to buy a new slate!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    Yep, I do like the DA stuff and that looks bang on.
  • monkaiboymonkaiboy Frets: 27
    Hmm will this get around the issue of the presets being affected every time you tweak the pedal?
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Agree. I've asked him a few questions, but it looks like you can setup a midi patch on the ES 5 - send the data to controller and completely alter the settings on the slate. 

Would be better with no footswitch, so that you could mount the controller underneath.. but now I'm seriously thinking get rid of the flint, get this and a slate again. I really loved the Wet Reverb..
    monkaiboy said:
    Hmm will this get around the issue of the presets being affected every time you tweak the pedal?
    Yes, that was my massive bugbear with the ExP - certainly if you are sending data via midi, then this should keep things fixed..
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4689

Looks cool. Would be nice if Neunaber brought out a double pedal with this as the 2nd footswitch.  

Looks cool. Would be nice if Neunaber brought out a double pedal with this as the 2nd footswitch.  
    Unlikely as this is a disaster area designs solution.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    I love the DA stuff as many may know. However, I have no idea what this is for how it should be used with. This goes for some of their other new stuff recently launched i.e. I don't know or understand half of what they do. I guess I'm no longer the target market for them LOL
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    I love the DA stuff as many may know. However, I have no idea what this is for how it should be used with. This goes for some of their other new stuff recently launched i.e. I don't know or understand half of what they do. I guess I'm no longer the target market for them LOL
    @hotpickups this is specifically for the Neunaber expanse range of pedals. These are normally controlled by an external footswitch that Neunaber sell. This enables the pedals to store for algorithms with 2 presets each.

Disater area have made a third party option. The big difference is that their option accepts midi, so you can now control the Neunaber pedals from an Es 5/8 or G2 etc... 

I think this is something that Disaster area are moving towards - midi options for specific pedals. I know they help out Chase bliss and empress quite a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bugs me to death that Neunaber are too arrogant to listen to their users and amazes me that they hadn't implemented something similar themselves. Good for DA!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • monkaiboymonkaiboy Frets: 27
    All Neunaber need to implement to keep me happy would be a "press and hold to save" function
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • YES. This is exciting.

@Jonathanthomas83 is Neunaber did that they wouldn't sell any EXP controllers ;) Using an ethernet port and proprietary stuff is a money making thing I reckon. 
  • $125 on pre-order.

Sounds steep, but it can pass MIDI info to others pedals AND has a multi-jack that can control one Chase Bliss pedal. Saves having to buy the CB MIDI box if you only use one. Makes it a more compelling purchase!
    $125 on pre-order.

Sounds steep, but it can pass MIDI info to others pedals AND has a multi-jack that can control one Chase Bliss pedal. Saves having to buy the CB MIDI box if you only use one. Makes it a more compelling purchase!
    I didn't realise that. very cool.

• Yeah. I recently traded my Meteore for a Slate, and plan on getting a Brothers at some point in the future. Could be the perfect solution.