Victory amps - V40 and Sheriff 22

Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2321

Hi all,

I must admit I have a thing for the smaller lunchbox style amps. Both of these amps appeal to me for different reasons. They seem to be getting pushed a lot by Andertons/That Pedal Show and guitar mags.

Just how good are they?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I thought the V40 was a bit sterile when I played it compared to a fender deluxe / vibrolux / other high end f-types (two rock, the like) but it makes a great pedal platform amp which is why theyre good for demos I suppose. 

The Sheriff 22/44 sounds good, I've never played one in person but I think the friedman pink taco / suhr badger 18/30 would be a good comparison (as a badger 30 owner I can only say good things about it, wow - what an amp) 

https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 219
    The V40 is a fantastic if you need a clean amp with a wide range of dynamics.  It really does respond to your pick technique well.    It needs pedals and takes most ODs nicely.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13932
    I had a V40 for a year in 2016 and sold it as the lust for a Helix got the better of me but I am now searching for a valve amp again to use with my Helix! I liked it but it can sound dark at low, around the house volume, the tone stack is tuned to sound best with the master volume opened up and the amp breathing and the speaker moving. With a J Rockett Archer slamming the front end and at singing volume it sounded glorious and really fat and warm.

I don't want to tread back over the same ground so am considering a Hamstead Artist 20 which I reckon is in a similar sounding ballpark.

• ChesterChester Frets: 52
    Have to admit the bigger Sheriff is on my list of GAS amps. Not seen much feedback from owners yet. I'll wait for the 1st used ones to hit the Classifieds and see what is available