Anyone fix a power strip under their board?

keirkeir Frets: 137
edited April 2017 in FX
I'm having a bit of an effects reshuffle and have a couple of pedals that need wall plugs. 

Ive got enough clearance under my board for a power strip and plugs but having the cable sticking out is a bit of a pain. 

Does anyone know where you can get a power strip with a detachable cord that is about the same size / depth as a standard power strip?

Or is there a better solution I'm missing?

Thanks
Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5137
    I was just looking at this. You might be as well to get the bits separately- B&Q and others sell the cable, the IEC male/female connectors and the power strips themselves. Or you could buy a regular power strip and make the cable detachable yourself by way of some IEC connectors.

Image result for iec connector male

@ICBM may have something to say about potential safety concerns with the DIY approach. Or not...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I use these (also handy for plugging into UPS for those tricky sound limited gigs)
    cheap and slimline. Easy enough to dual lock with a cable tie as well
    just cable tie the cord to the end of your board
    resist the tenmptation to cool it
    quite easy to unscrew and cut to length as long as you aren't a total womble
     IEC C14 to 4 Way Gang UK Mains Extension Sockets Lead 1m Cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005KCGUZC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_xoM5ybNYYR5Y2

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26973
    I used to have a strip under my Pedaltrain. For storage I just coiled the mains lead up and put it on top of the pedals in the case.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30900
    @keir
    www.olson.co.uk

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• keirkeir Frets: 137
    Gassage said:
    @keir
    www.olson.co.uk
    They're cool but man they're not cheap! The idea of the power strip was so I could be a cheap skate and sell my power supply ha!
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30900
    keir said:
    Gassage said:
    @keir
    www.olson.co.uk
    They're cool but man they're not cheap! The idea of the power strip was so I could be a cheap skate and sell my power supply ha!
    I got a 6 gang RFI/Surge proof for £80.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• keirkeir Frets: 137
    That's not so bad I suppose, thanks for the heads up
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2427
    In the past I have used under-desk power modules from Office Reality. Good quality and easily detachable cable. Available 2, 3 and 4 gang. But not cheap: £30-£35 including 3 metre cable.