Lee Anderton's interview with Paul Gilbert on YouTube (2017)

What's Hot
DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Originally titled: "The Capt. Meets Paul Gilbert (2017) - Shred Alert!"

This really needs its own thread, it's only been mentioned a few times in passing.

It is mindblowing how PG continues to improve.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited April 2017
    I loved that interview- I mentioned it yesterday.
    This seems to be an interesting series, I'm currently watching the interview wit Guthrie Govan.

Here's a link to the series (click the wee arrow in the top left of the video and it SHOULD give you a drop down of all the videos... Hopefully).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Aaaah thanks! Look forward to watching it.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Yeah, he's had some great players on who also made for very interesting interviews. I'm sure I'll work my way through most of them.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Watched it a few days ago. Thankfully PG did a lot of the talking as Lee can go round the houses and back again to ask a fairly straightforward question. 
     PG just has that energy and enthusiasm that comes from genuinely loving what he does. He's so cool he's totally uncool making him cool again
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    The bit about muting all the strings you don't play is quite interesting.
    Even though it's something everyone has to do to some extent, doing it with big whole arm upstrokes and downstrokes like he shows is definitely challenging.
    Not sure how useful it will be for my playing but I will spend some time practicing it for the discipline.
  • lysander said:
    The bit about muting all the strings you don't play is quite interesting.
    Even though it's something everyone has to do to some extent, doing it with big whole arm upstrokes and downstrokes like he shows is definitely challenging.
    Not sure how useful it will be for my playing but I will spend some time practicing it for the discipline.
    I've heard that his tuition videos are amongst the best out there, even for non-shredders. I used to find his tutorial column in TG really informative.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    I'm half-way through this.

His enthusiasm for music is wonderful, but I suppose having huge talent and fingers the size of rugby posts helps.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    I've watched it twice now. His enthusiasm is infectious. His masterclass that evening was brilliant. I don't mind Lee on his own actually, I thought he did a decent job of interviewing Paul. 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Thankfully PG did a lot of the talking as Lee can go round the houses and back again to ask a fairly straightforward question.  

He's not one of those interviewers one watches because they are great interviewers. I watch his interviews because he has great guests.

@Cruxiform I've wis'd you. I can easily see myself watching this again.

@stimpsonslostson It's a horrible portmanteau, but you could call PG's instructional vids "edutainment". They are so entertaining and educational that you learn stuff while having fun. Watch anything you can get your hands on! There's bags on YouTube. Bootlegs of his open counseling sessions while at GIT are also well worth the listen. Go to the like-Jason-Becker-still-not-dead-yet Racer X forum to find these.

• DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335
    cooler than a lot of very cool things guys ...
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    Does he know every song that's ever been recorded? It seems like it.

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Not really a fan of what PG does but that was good. His enthusiasm is infectious. 

Pretty sure ol' Lee was nursing a semi throughout the duration of that, though. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom