How much does the King of Tone actually end up costing?

What's Hot
mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
I think I may be coming to the top of the list in the next few months and feel obliged to buy one after waiting so flaming long! Actually really looking forward to it. That, plus a delay, would be a brilliant little grab and go 'board. 
I can obviously see the price of the pedal/options and Analogman gave me an idea of shipping cost options, but were a bit vague and noncommittal about import taxes. I assume VAT is payable but is customs duty payable? 
Is anyone able to confirm the actual cost that a standard v4 KoT costs to buy and ship here?
Cheers for any help!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited April 2017
    I've actually had the same thoughts. Although I'm way down the list at the moment so I'll be interested in what others say. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    You are looking at around £50 in import duty if you get pinged.
    I've bought two KoT's- once I did, once I didn't.

I think it would be just under £300 all up.

You can calculate duty here: https://www.dutycalculator.com/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72232
    Your soul.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
    Depending on whether it gets caught at customs, you'll pay 20% VAT plus handling. If it comes in via Parcelforce, that's £15 or so, Royal Mail is cheaper. You can't choose unfortunately, it's just whoever the US carrier passes off to. I haven't ordered anything from analogman, but that's what applies to everything.

Of course,  if it manages to skip customs it's free in that regard ;) I find that at least 40% of things I order from the states gets through free. 
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    Analogman prices customs declarations at around $35 if I remember right. My KOT was £16 through customs.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Less than the 450 they suddenly seem to be going for 2nd hand.

Get one. Try it. If you don't like it flip it and att worst bresk even.

At some point these things have got to reach saturation point though... he's been at it for years now.
    Less than the 450 they suddenly seem to be going for 2nd hand.

Get one. Try it. If you don't like it flip it and att worst bresk even.

At some point these things have got to reach saturation point though... he's been at it for years now.
    Knowing my luck when my turn is up it definitely would have reached that saturation point LOL
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    @hotpickups yeah. I have same thought. I only went on list in Jan. But I refuse to pay mor than new price for a pedal still in production. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @hotpickups yeah. I have same thought. I only went on list in Jan. But I refuse to pay mor than new price for a pedal still in production. 
    Precisely my opinion :)
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    Thanks for all the input guys.  That's the thing really- I don't really want to buy it to sell it. If it doesn't work out, then fine it may get moved on, but in principle a fairly full frequency overdrive and boost in one would be really useful. 
    I think it is the mystical customs prices that I was querying - so it sounds like that is not a big hit, even if it does get picked up. 
    So should be about £200 for pedal, £20 ish for shipping, then £40 vat, and up to £16 for customs if it gets identified. Does that sound about right?
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    My last KOT was: $431 including shipping, so roughly £340 at the current rate. There were some import charges on top of that too...
    @simonk Was that a KoT with various extra options?
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    mattdavis said:
    From memory it was high gain red side, external switch and buffered.
    mattdavis said:
    Thanks for all the input guys.  That's the thing really- I don't really want to buy it to sell it. If it doesn't work out, then fine it may get moved on, but in principle a fairly full frequency overdrive and boost in one would be really useful. 
    I think it is the mystical customs prices that I was querying - so it sounds like that is not a big hit, even if it does get picked up. 
    So should be about £200 for pedal, £20 ish for shipping, then £40 vat, and up to £16 for customs if it gets identified. Does that sound about right?
    ish....
    It depends on the exchange rate.
    Mine were cheaper than that but right now then yeah just under £300 is about right.
    edited April 2017
    simonk said:
    mattdavis said:
    From memory it was high gain red side, external switch and buffered.

Cheers @simonk - I think I'd be keeping to simple with high gain red side as only option so I figure mine would be around $100 dollars less. 

Which means @octatonic's just under £300 sound about what I should start to budget for. 

Cheers guys :-)
    I've had high gain red buffered and high gain red only.
    The buffer is really excellent.
    Oh for fucks sake.... :-)