SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Strat Plus USA 1987 - Surf Green 900£

What's Hot
spaceace.swespaceace.swe Frets: 9
edited April 2017 in Guitars £

Great strat plus from the first (and generally considered best year).

Plays great With a fast neck on the thinner side of the spectrum.

Comes With non-original hardcase.

Located in Sweden (EU) but Will ship within the EU.

900£ + shipping.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Gorgeous 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Do you know why it has a string tree?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Is that the original finish? I also see the that the strings are going over and not through the roller nut. Is this because they are heavy guage?
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    edited April 2017

I'm led to believe that some of the Plus guitars didn't have  roller nuts. Can't be sure though, but pretty sure I saw it on the web somewhere.

EDIT> Think I might be talking $hit. Sorry!

• Someone has installed a string tree (just one for some weird reason) before i got it, color is all original (one of two typical Tones of surf back in late 80's) about the roller nut, there's info to be had over At xhefris plus page :)
  • rmilesyrmilesy Frets: 11
    aaaaarrrrrrgggggh that is gorgeous !!! I wish I hadn't seen it ... no readies  !!
  • rmilesy said:
    aaaaarrrrrrgggggh that is gorgeous !!! I wish I hadn't seen it ... no readies  !!
    Hehe, You'll be able to swing it rob ;)
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14223
    tFB Trader
    equalsql said:
    Is that the original finish? I also see the that the strings are going over and not through the roller nut. Is this because they are heavy guage?
    Gadgie said:

I'm led to believe that some of the Plus guitars didn't have  roller nuts. Can't be sure though, but pretty sure I saw it on the web somewhere.

The very first Strat plus models had a Wilkinson nut that had almost a 'split level' - EBG strings went over and under the roller - DAE went over the roller only - Very quickly they changed this to a Mk11 Wilkinson with an over/under roller for each string and the top of the Roller not was all the same 'level' - later it changed to the LSR nut
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That my friend is a Doug Martsch/Built To Spill Strat, beautifully made guitars these
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsql said:
    Gadgie said:

The very first Strat plus models had a Wilkinson nut that had almost a 'split level' - EBG strings went over and under the roller - DAE went over the roller only - Very quickly they changed this to a Mk11 Wilkinson with an over/under roller for each string and the top of the Roller not was all the same 'level' - later it changed to the LSR nut
    Good info, thanks :)
  • To the top :)
  • Up!
  • Up again :)
  • Up!
  • New price 900£ + ship :+1: 
  • Up!
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Gadgie said:

Some of the early American standards came with lace sensors but no roller nut or locking tuners. They were Deluxe standards but not very many were made. They had a string tree. That guitar isn't one of those it looks like the wrong string tree anyway. Like the seller says it's been added on to what is a plus.
  • Looking at the split roller nut, I'd say this is genuine but it's had the string tree added. 
    I stupidly let one of these (with the split nut)  go years ago. Very nice guitar. 
  • Bump!
  • Hi! Still up? Can't see the photos ...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom