Routing an AVRI 52 Tele for neck bucker?

What's Hot
Recently picked up a '96 model and considering a few mods. Mainly reversible stuff but I wanted to gauge opinion on routing the neck cavity to fit a humbucker or P90. 
In your opinion, would this devalue the guitar if later returned to the original fittings or would it not bother you? Assuming all work was to a high standard natch. 
I appreciate we're not talking about a vintage guitar but I still wouldn't want to do anything that would severely affect its value. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14226
    edited April 2017 tFB Trader
    I don't see why it should have any serious consequence on a re-sale value - some might like what you've done and others won't - also depends on how well it is done and it looking professional - To be honest if you put it back to stock after, then I dare say most would not notice anything un-toward unless you said otherwise - after all, how many of us look under scratchplates when buying such used guitars - I'm not endorsing dis-honesty, just making a valid observation

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    What happens beneath the scratchplate, stays beneath the scratchplate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72313
    edited April 2017
    Jack_ said:
    http://www.tdpri.com/attachments/routed-jpg.132906/

(Exercise caution when opening link, not suitable for those of a sensitive disposition.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Jack_ said:

(Exercise caution when opening link, not suitable for those of a sensitive disposition.)
    All I see is "mojo" or "a life story" or "players grade" or "genuine roadworn".

Basically, value has been added.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72313
    Jack_ said:

I think it's quite likely the value was added before passing through airport security and customs, then removed again afterwards...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Jack_ said:

I think it's quite likely the value was added before passing through airport security and customs, then removed again afterwards...
    So "genuine smugglers Tele"?

Was it once owned by Keith Richards?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    ICBM said:
    Jack_ said:

The guitar equivalent of blue waffle.

(what is blue waffle, I hear you ask? NSFW is the answer)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    edited April 2017
    What is NSFW, you hear me ask?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22788
    Bucket said:
    ICBM said:
    Jack_ said:

The guitar equivalent of blue waffle.

(what is blue waffle, I hear you ask? NSFW is the answer)
    I was going to say it looks like a disease.  And now I've looked that up... yes.