Redsound Handmade FRFR cabs from Italy - these sound good

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
edited April 2017 in FX
Never heard of these before but these Redsound active 1x12 FRFR cabs sound good with Helix and Kemper in these vids. Note the handmade look of the stitched vinyl covers!

http://www.redsounditalia.com/en/prodotti/macrocategoria/music/categoria/active-cabinet/prodotto/6774/rs-lg12

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    These look really nice. Not a stupid price either.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    edited May 2019
    A mate is the UK distributor for these and I finally heard one being used with a Kemper in a live situation and they're very impressive.
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
    Kebabkid said:
    A mate is the UK distributor for these and I finally heard one being used with a Kemper in a live situation and they're very impressive.
    I’m interested in these but who is the UK distributor?
    edited May 2019
    @firepaulmusic - the company are called Clear Sound Music and the guy's name is Pete and he's a great guy.
    Mention me (Cos) and that goes for anyone.

https://www.clearsoundmusic.co.uk/

I've heard guitarists using the Kemper with regular cabs, Atomic cabs and the very good Yamaha DRX's but I think the Red Sound surpassed the lot.

The 1x12 wasn't heavy, but neither was it stupidly light. I think it comes in at close to 17Kg.

There's quite a few bassists using the Helix but I've heard some stellar sounds out of the Kemper for bass and obviously, this cab works well for that, too

• exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Kebabkid said:
    @firepaulmusic - the company are called Clear Sound Music and the guy's name is Pete and he's a great guy.
    Mention me (Cos) and that goes for anyone.

https://www.clearsoundmusic.co.uk/

I've heard guitarists using the Kemper with regular cabs, Atomic cabs and the very good Yamaha DRX's but I think the Red Sound surpassed the lot.

The 1x12 wasn't heavy, but neither was it stupidly light. I think it comes in at close to 17Kg

Wish I'd known about that. I bought  "B Stock" from Thomann.  I was very impressed at first, then I noticed distortion on lower notes (sub 150 Hz), the upper registers were clean. 
    I sent it back but have opted for a repair as Thomann don't appear to be stocking these any more. If they can't repair, I'll give Clearsound a shout for a new unit. Any idea what price they are selling for / will they sell "retail"?
    edited May 2019
    Not sure of UK price - Edit ? as per website
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    What's this? Dead Thread Redemption?

Kebabkid said:
    Not sure of UK price
    Look like £799...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

What's this? Dead Thread Redemption?
    Everything comes round again if you wait long enough...
    Kebabkid said:
    Not sure of UK price - Edit ? as per website
    Ah, now I see them. I was originally viewing through Chrome on Android - only one page visible via that route, not mobile friendly?
    Thinking about getting one of these but prefer the look of the Rack cab. Anyone know if they sound any different as not so deep?
    Kebabkid said:
    Do we get a discount if we mention your name?
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    These are amazing cabs... I bought a passive one for my powered Kemper. Superb sounds.
    Great service from Clear Sound too.

So I messaged Peter at Clearsound. We discussed the various models and I decided to go for the regular active cab in black. He was great to deal with and gave me a 10% discount as a forum member. The cab should be with me by Tuesday which ties in nicely with our next rehearsal...
    Nice one @firepaulmusic. Let us know how you get on
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    I had one and thought it was very good indeed
    edited May 2019
    So I messaged Peter at Clearsound. We discussed the various models and I decided to go for the regular active cab in black. He was great to deal with and gave me a 10% discount as a forum member. The cab should be with me by Tuesday which ties in nicely with our next rehearsal...
    Thanks for the heads up on possible discount. If Thomann fail to sort out my "B Stock" return unit, I'll opt for purchase from Clearsound. 
    Redsound LG-12 arrived yesterday. First impressions are that it's a classy looking piece of kit, very boutique and that it looks better in black than the 'Kemper' shade of green they are normally seen in. Not had a chance to try it yet, rehearsal on Thursday evening. It's a fair bit of cash but I do feel as if I now have the best FRFR for the job and it'll be great on bigger stages where the spread of sound will be more evident.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StinkfootStinkfoot Frets: 74
    Really interested to hear how you get on as I’m definitely considering a purchase! Have been full FRFR with a DXR10 for a year or so now. It does help with the sound out front but I’ve just started to notice it makes me feel a bit isolated from the onstage mix, and some band members have said similar. I’ve been toying with just going back through my valve amp and using the Helix as a pedalboard only but the Redsound option would give the best of both worlds. 

I can can feel my credit card getting restless.....
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 913
    I use a Red Sound with a DXR10 pole mounted behind it with my Kemper. They're both very good on their own but the combination works really well.

The other guitarist in my band was using a Matrix amp and cabs with his Axe FX but has bought the same rig as me because he thought it sounded better.