Stereo and I love it ...

What's Hot
hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
thoroughly recommend a stereo set up now that I've finally rigged one up. Gonna have have fun with this I'm sure. 
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    I used to do it a lot with my AC30 and Marshall stacked on top of each other....but if there's room enough to spread the amps 10 or so feet apart and you standing in the middle with a nice chorus/reverb/delay its just an amazing sound like you could almost swim in it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    siraxeman said:
    I used to do it a lot with my AC30 and Marshall stacked on top of each other....but if there's room enough to spread the amps 10 or so feet apart and you standing in the middle with a nice chorus/reverb/delay its just an amazing sound like you could almost swim in it.

There's no such thing.
     :) 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    See I've just finished my first stereo practice, admittedly a 4x12 on one side and a 2x12 in the other, it sounded amazing right up to the point anyone else started playing, where it all just got lost. 

Im going back to my boring yet brutal mono set up. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • SickSquidSickSquid Frets: 152
    w/d/w is even better as you retain the punch from your amp
    it sounds huge when you are sat in the middle
    if it is a live set-up you'll need 3 channels on the desk
    without that, a mono rig sounds the same to the audience and is far less to carry
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    SickSquid said:
    w/d/w is even better as you retain the punch from your amp
    it sounds huge when you are sat in the middle
    if it is a live set-up you'll need 3 channels on the desk
    without that, a mono rig sounds the same to the audience and is far less to carry
    Would be nice but will always be unpractical for me :( Stereo seems to suit me better and I can switch to Sum to Mono when required :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Sassafras said:
    siraxeman said:

There's no such thing.
     :) 
    There is but it has to be subtle just as does phase and flange. Oh yes subtle is teh word.
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 879
    I've been thinking about a  two or three amp setup for a while, then after watching a That Pedal Show episode where their wet amp was a powerful Fender with plenty of headroom it reminded me why I don't practice  through my Rivera M60 - it makes the room so damned hot.

Do you guys suffer excessive heat buildup with multi-amp setups?