Gig bags for things that aren't guitars?

What's Hot
ricorico Frets: 1220
I'm accruing lots of things since being involved with a band again and I have run out of space for them. 

What is the best bet for a decent (possibly padded?) gig bag that I can chuck various cables, mics, pedals, pocket recorder, ear plugs, gaffer tape etc in?

The pedaltrain case on its own would be perfect but not sure if they be bought separately?

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Unless you're carrying something like mic stands, a cheap rucksack with loads of pockets is probably better.

It's also easier to carry at the same time as other stuff.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

For cables, just a rucksack as ICBM said.

If you're particularly worried about the mics, pedals etc then maybe you can trawl around for used camera bags and so on. A lot of these have decent padding, and the less fancy brands are reasonably cheap when used.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    An old laptop bag works well, plenty of room for coiled cables and loads of little pockets for strings and tools. In the better laptop bags there are seperators designed for paperwork. I learned if you put each cable in it's own compartment it's impossible for them to tange :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Camera rucksacks are also good
    i have a big rolling Rucksack for cables and a camera bag for mics iPads and a couple of guitar stands
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I use an army surplus canvas bag.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    80's briefcase if you wanna look cool.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I used to use one of those messenger bags. Quite a few pockets and dividers to stop everything getting bashed about.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
    I bought a Gator soft case for my Korg Minilogue synth and for £25 I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Image result for Suitcases for Girls
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom