Which 6v6's?

bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 391
Was just about to order some tungsol 6v6s for my new amp but have just read in another thread that they can be noisy.
any recommendations for a decent current production 6v6.
cheers!
The Swamp City Shakers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    I've got some tung sols in a Drri and I've noticed no noise at all
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    noisy power tube?? only if they are not matched there and thereabouts or there is a fault of sort, 6V6's should run very quiet in a well built amp.

• I have 2 JJ 6v6 in amp and very pleased with them.Have spare EHX set of two as well,but never tried.
  • noisy power tube?? only if they are not matched there and thereabouts or there is a fault of sort, 6V6's should run very quiet in a well built amp.

Looks like I misread the other thread. They were talking about tung sol preamp valves being a bit hissy. 
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • I have 2 JJ 6v6 in amp and very pleased with them.Have spare EHX set of two as well,but never tried.
    From what I've gathered elsewhere, the jj's seem to be the most reliable but the tung souls sound better. Might have to try a set of each. 
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • deadstringdeadstring Frets: 3
    edited April 2017
    JJ 6V6  good but not really a traditional 6v6 closer to 6L6

EHX have changed production, old ones were excellent, newer ones began to fail/noise on me a year in.

Tung Sol supposedly noisy prone to failure?, excellent 12ax7 preamp tubes tho. Buy from a seller
    who tests etc..

TAD 6V6 so far so good they sound excellent. Seem to have a larger base and fatter pins, fairly tight fit
    snapped a bear clip inserting these.
  • JJ 6V6  good but not really a traditional 6v6 closer to 6L6

EHX have changed production, old ones were excellent, newer ones began to fail/noise on me a year in.

Tung Sol supposedly noisy prone to failure?, excellent 12ax7 preamp tubes tho. Buy from a seller
    who tests etc..

TAD 6V6 so far so good they sound excellent. Seem to have a larger base and fatter pins, fairly tight fit
    snapped a bear clip inserting these.
    Thanks !
    The Swamp City Shakers