Who the Hell Is Terry Bloody Morgan???

What's Hot
professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
keep seeing his name mention in relation to exact copies of everything from Fenders to Plectrums.....
" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    As far as I am aware a maker of fake stuff.......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    A really stale joke on the forum. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    glad you asked, this clearly was a meme that started during my hiatus, so was wondering myself.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Adam_MD said:
    A really stale joke on the forum. 
    Yeah, funny only to men of a certain age
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    @richardhomer has a lot of time for him I think.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    You can't buy one. You can sometimes find one in an enchanted forest. If you close your eyes. It seems.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Strat54 said:
    Even I can see he's messed that one up! It's all backwards!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    As I understand it, he builds some of the finest playing and sounding replicas of '58 - '60 style Gibson Les Paul Standards.

Those familiar with his work consider his instruments to be superior to anything which comes out of the Gibson Custom Shop.

He doesn't have a website - and rumour has it - his order book is closed, as he's approaching retirement.

I find it really annoying that he's become a forum 'figure on fun'. Not on gentlemen - not on at all.....
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Terry behind the bar makes you a drink that's 4 parts Tomato Juice and 2 parts Captain Morgan Rum.

It's Terry's specialty, so they call him Terry Bloody Morgan.

HTH.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    As I understand it, he builds some of the finest playing and sounding replicas of '58 - '60 style Gibson Les Paul Standards.

Those familiar with his work consider his instruments to be superior to anything which comes out of the Gibson Custom Shop.

He doesn't have a website - and rumour has it - his order book is closed, as he's approaching retirement.

I find it really annoying that he's become a forum 'figure on fun'. Not on gentlemen - not on at all.....
    I agree. He is a true gentleman and a scholar. His work is incredible. 

He he has made the odd '54 wraptail too. 

Rob

They might well be the best made guitar on the planet, but it's still a fake, counterfeit, call it what you will, if he uses another company's brand name instead of his own.

Simply dishonest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Richardj said:They might well be the best made guitar on the planet, but it's still a fake, counterfeit, call it what you will, if he uses another company's brand name instead of his own.

Simply dishonest.
    Best not to take me 'too' seriously.... :)
    edited April 2017
    @richardhoer, I understand, no slur on you at all :)

It's one of those things that I just don't get.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
    I have heard Terry has a stash of air from 1959 which he keeps in jars, and injects into the control cavities of his replicas, which as we all know is where the vintage tonez live. He is retiring as down to his last few jars. They apparently sound just like typical Historics without the mojo air.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    edited April 2017
    its well known @Bridgehouse is actually Terry Morgan and the REAL reason he isnt posting as much these days is he has to use all his Rosewood up before CITES fucks him 
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    CloudNine said:
    I have heard Terry has a stash of air from 1959 which he keeps in jars, and injects into the control cavities of his replicas, which as we all know is where the vintage tonez live. He is retiring as down to his last few jars. They apparently sound just like typical Historics without the mojo air.

Well you know what they say

"air today, gone tomorrow !"

here all week folks    :bz

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    its well known @Bridgehouse is actually Terry Morgan and the REAL reason he isnt posting as much these days is he has to use all his Rosewood up before CITES fucks him 
    It's true. Plus the fact Crossrail is proving to take up a lot of time at the moment too...