Cat amongst the pigeons

What's Hot
mprcompmprcomp Frets: 1
I already posted on here that I got a Chapman Cap 10 America

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/CAP10-AMERICA/solid-body-electric-guitars/chapman-cap-10-america-guitar-in-red-burst

So today I thought that was it I would keep it but then went to a place near me that sells second hand guitars. 

They had a few Fender Strats in. A mexican, a Fender Standard and a Fender FSR well that is what it said.
https://www.hounddogmusic.co.uk/pre-owned-guitars/(On here but site playing up)

The 2012 FSR Deluxe when I look online should have noiseless pickups these weren't labelled as this but very nice.  Pretty good condition just one ding and minor wear.

Now not sure whether to keep Chapman cap 10 america or buy the strat. 

What would people's opinions be? I have Epi Les Paul for the more Les Paul humbucker sounds. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Of all the Chapmans, the Cap10 America seems by far the nicest to me, though I haven't played one.

They didn't make that many, so its a bit more unique than a Fender Strat.

Such a personal thing though, if you pick up the Cap10 and you play and think "ave it" then make a note to save it from your burning house just after your kids and just before your wife.

However if you pick it up and go "meh" then move on to your next six-stringed filly. :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • mprcompmprcomp Frets: 1
    edited April 2017
    Thanks @darhed1981 The issue is I don't have them side by side to play. Makes it harder as different amp as well when playing it.

I came home and since I have a mustang modelling amp tried to get that same sound that I got on strat(A little bit like start of crazy diamond) from Floyd and it just wasn't there on Cap 10.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I'd get the Fender, just for ease of resale in future more than anything. If it's the pastel blue one, it's a cool colour too.
    Doesn't sound like you are in love with your Cap10... how do you feel about the neck, the weight, do you actually play better with it in your hands?

I'm no expert but I tried a couple of Teles before my last purchase (a squier classic vibe 62 custom) and I literally played better with the CV, I still sucked, but I sucked less. :)

I'm yet to find "the one" guitar wise, if there is such a thing...

The FSR Strat on that page (the blue one right?) looks lovely BTW.
    @darthed1981 ;

Hi,

It is alright. The neck is lovely I would say the general feel is better than strat. I am finding the extra jumbo frets a big harder to use but that is a time thing. Weight is great quite light, seems lighter than a strat. Back Humbucker is great, middle is alright. For me a strat front pickup is much better than that front humbucker in my opinion. 
    Can you have both...? :)
  • Can you take the Cap10 to the shop with the Strat and A/B them until you know for sure which one is "the one"?
    All the right notes, not always in the right order!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Can you take the Cap10 to the shop with the Strat and A/B them until you know for sure which one is "the one"?

If only we could get away with that approach in the rest of life... :(
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Only you can decide what you want. If it was me, I'd already own the Chapman so would feel more likely to stick with it ....... Unless I definitely wasn't satisfied with it, in which case I'd flog it and get something else.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Play the Chapman unplugged for a bit to get a feel for how the guitar actually plays and feels. Then do the same with the Strat in the shop. That will give you a better idea of which Guitar is better.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    edited April 2017
    never fear the stratos-phere!! (get the strat)

quite like the adrien brodie statue you can see in a couple of pics as well, ask them how much
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    Yeah I am going to return the cap 10. I like it but just doesn't feel me. I have noticed when trying other guitars I prefer a rosewood board. 
    Ravenous said:
    Can you take the Cap10 to the shop with the Strat and A/B them until you know for sure which one is "the one"?

If only we could get away with that approach in the rest of life... :(

You can as long as the "guitars" don't find out about each other ;)