NAGD Taylor 114CE

What's Hot
MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3021
edited April 2017 in Acoustics
My search for an acoustic is over. Visited Guitar Guitar in Birmingham on Saturday. I must big up GG's new acoustic shop which is separate from the rest of the store; a huge selection, chilled and quiet with sofas so you can take your time and really hear the guitars properly; friendly and helpful staff, even gave me a brew.

The 114CE 2017 Walnut was the first one of the day I tried, the first time I have tried a Taylor, I loved it instantly.
Tried the 214CE with Koa, it sounded a bit brighter but I preferred the tone and the darker walnut and black binding of the 114CE. Tried some similar priced Martins but kept coming back to the 114. I did have a go on a 2.2k Martin 00-18
which sounded incredible - one day maybe.

The 114CE has such clarity and is so easy to play, hopefully it will help advance my acoustic playing.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Looks lovely. Well done!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Love the stripey grain on the top.
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    Excellent buy! 
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Nice Guitar. Tastefully posed too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, really enjoy playing this guitar.  

Thought I'd spare you a view of my manky sofa. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Lovely guitar and hope it gives you years of playing pleasure. Nice to hear you had an enjoyable and productive visit and have good feedback re the team and facilities at GG in Birmingham.  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    I bought a Larrivee L-05 to upgrade from a 114, the L05 of course is richer & louder, no regrets, but I've since always regretted selling that 114, it was a very very pickup & play guitar without being too precious. I think if I come across the opportunity to buy the CE like yours I'd be in there. Well done, don't resell hastily!!
  • Thanks @Voxman  and @erk32  

I should add that the good experience I had at GG was in stark contrast to that at PMT Birmingham, where it was noisy, cramped and very busy; not conducive to some relaxed acoustic contemplation and comparisons.

The 114 will do me for a long time I hope. Though having tried a Martin 00-18 at GG, I did get a taste of how good such 'upgrades' can be....one day maybe...