Scott Grove Guitar Collection April 2017

What's Hot
ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
We haven't heard a mention of Scott on here for, well a couple of years, so it's about time for...

Scott Grove Guitar Collection April 2017

He's obviously decided to keep the chat short this time, as the video is only 2 hours 11 mins long !

Lots of weird stuff, so may be worth a look for some of ya

Duration 2 hours 11 mins

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited April 2017
    Jesus Christ, 2 hours of a bloke with a shitty hand-cam? I'm out.

If you can afford all those guitars, and want to document them, couldn't you get a camera guy in?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    WUS !

An hours Scott video is like boot camp, toughen up chap, earn your 'guitar stripes'...    B-)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Scott who?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I think I've blanked this guy from my mind. I used to watch a few of his vids but then the ranting started and it all became pretty nasty.....and of course his vids can be over long, but 2 hours wow!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Anyone brave enough to give up some 2 hours of guitar practice tonight and give us all a quick précis?
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader

Ahh man.. This guy is an idiot..

Ive had a couple of small conversations with him..  What a twat..

While he certainly has a lot of experience..  His opinions are often wavy at best....... And if you question them he either just insults you or ignores you.

edited April 2017
    I'm only part way through, you would have to be able to survive Guantanamo Bay to be able to do this in one hit, or to even attempt it.  Yes @Rabs he does have a particular way of endearing himself, doesn't he?  I actually quite like his (probably faux) overly self confident, expletive laden delivery style, but I guess it just tickles my sense of humour.

There are a lot less top endy guitars in this video.  Still some interesting stuff IMO.  The last video I saw a couple of years back was far more US laden, although maybe he is saving the most expensive till last, and I am just being 'guitarded' !

• RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    I'm only part way through, you would have to be able to survive Guantanamo Bay to be able to do this in one hit, or to even attempt it.  Yes @Rabs he does have a particular way of endearing himself, doesn't he?  I actually quite like his (probably faux) overly self confident, expletive laden delivery style, but I guess it just tickles my sense of humour.

Well I understand that it may just be an online persona he uses to get attention..

And I wouldn't mind that so much if he actually backed up his claims rather than just insulting people. And its not even that I take much offense at what he says, it takes more than that to offend me.... But at least stand and fight your corner or whats the point.. Its just him making unsubstantiated claims and then insulting anyone who disagrees. It just makes me think its all an act but the problem is that other people take it seriously...  Like theres been people who support Scott and they will go on to other peoples guitar channels and insult them in Scotts name, I think theres even been death threats, all over the nonsense that he comes out with and the fact that someone else disagrees...

Just all a bit silly and pointless.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    The @HarrySeven collection puts this miserable little lot in the shade.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14184
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    The @HarrySeven collection puts this miserable little lot in the shade.
    now that would be an interesting 2 hours and 11 mins of video - most of that might be him looking in the shed and cupboards but interesting I bet - I'd want to see Harry's demo of the Stepp
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Don't tempt me! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I don't think even I could stomach two hours of this guy. Half an hour tops. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    edited April 2017
    I've made it to an hour @DrJazzTap , in small chunks, you'll get sea sick from the camera work, if not the vocabulary / attitude.

Scott seems worse than when I watched the last one a couple of years back.  I think he may not be well, entirely right, or on medication (or maybe not), less info and more expletives this time round, so sorry about that, although posting this was always going to be contentious.

There are Dali-esque Strats from that English maker, and Casio midi guitars to make up for it though, at least @HarrySeven will appreciate them (so when is your video tour going to be ready then?)

• 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    It's only a matter of time before @HarrySeven starts charging £5 for us to go around his house to go "ooh" at guitars, like some sort of Gardener's World open garden weekend, but for sad guitar-obsessed men. 
  • A fiver.....I'd pay that to see Harry's collection. I would consider it an educational visit and try to claim some of it back off the taxman. 
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    A fiver.....I'd pay that to see Harry's collection.
    You could buy his collection for that. ;)
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    I made it 2 minutes in then kept skipping through half an hour at a time and watching a few seconds to see if anything exciting happened. It didn't. 
    edited April 2017
    @Chris_J , there's your problem, wrong sample rate !

Try 42:12 for Brian Eastwood's Bent Marvel ~ 2 Dali-esque Strats.
    1:08:21 for some Gibson action ~ V2, an unusual 1992 LP Studio Lite HSH, 1964 Firebird V.
    Which may or may not be your thing, and may or may not be exciting, but quite fun though...

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    edited April 2017
    Rabs said

While he certainly has a lot of experience..  His opinions are often wavy at best....... And if you question them he either just insults you or ignores you.

Dad?
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14184
    tFB Trader
    It's only a matter of time before @HarrySeven starts charging £5 for us to go around his house to go "ooh" at guitars, like some sort of Gardener's World open garden weekend, but for sad guitar-obsessed men. 
    I'd also want Tea - scones/jam/cream - plus the chance to buy a tea Towel and gingerbread biscuits in a tin