Bogner Ecstasy Red Owners - Fav Settings?

monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
in FX tFB Trader
Just got an Ecstasy Red and it's rather spiffing 

However as you can see from the picture it has about three million controls. 

So far I've been able to glean that the Variac drops the internal voltage (I think to 9v as it's 18v as standard) which makes it more compressed  and  a bit lower gained. 
The Mode switch is a treble cut in Mellow and a bass cut in Tight
The PreEQ either boosts mids or highs and mids. 
No idea what the Structure control does though 101 seems a bit more vintage and 20th a bit nastier. 

So Red owners what settings do you like did you ever get the hang of all the controls?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Bought one of these for crushing gain moments with humbuckers but I really like it with a Strat.

Variac off (loses some vital dynamics for me).

Mellow (although like the tight setting if at higher volume).

B2

Gain at halfway or just below, bass the same, mid decked to max, treble backed to 3/4.

Great fat rhythm OD/Dist with Strat neck or bridge pup, then kick in the boost for more of everything.

Sounds lush.

It really is a very different pedal to one that boosts a cooking valve amp. Easily one of the best pedals I've heard for these types of sounds, but i do struggle to get it to sit alongside more traditional boost style pedals on my board.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited February 2014
    This video was on @thisisguitar 's for sale thread back in December, it got me excited about getting one, but you've beaten me to it, so I am interested in the comments here, hope this helps, cheers guys   :)

• BTW - Which amps are you using and are you going into clean channel?

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    H&K Puretone
    I really don't think you would want to go into a dirty channel with this!
  • When I got the Red and Blue pedals I would have sworn that the Red was the one I was going to use most, I ended up preferring the Blue, I still love the sound of the Red, but I tend to use the Blue more for what I play.

With the red I tend to use the 20th setting then 101 secondly, Full or Tight and B2 and have the gain at about 11 O'clock. It's a shame that I can't play at higher volumes as that would reveal more of the subtle differences in the settings. There is tons of gain on this pedal and past 2 O'clock is just not to my taste.

Mine goes into the Clean Channel of the Goldfinger 45 and has a very different voicing compared to the Goldfinger's Gain Channel, both Red and Blue pedals.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.