NGD

thermionicthermionic Frets: 9499
edited April 2017 in Guitar
Been wanting one of these for years... All the ones on ebay and gumtree are overpriced (I saw one locally, asking price £1750 when I could get a new one for £1 less) and are usually beaten-up - big chips out of the lower bout and headstock, rusty screws, missing case etc. The mighty Fretboard turns up trumps again! 18 years old and not a mark on it, and for a pretty reasonable price from @raul4me.

http://i.imgur.com/OzwTSgt.jpg

I'm struck by how light it is - I haven't had a semi-solid since I sold my Epiphone Dot about 4 years ago. Neck feels great, not too skinny. Just restrung with 10-46 and they feel like 9s, so I might try going up to 11s. The corner of the lower pickguard has cracked but that's easily fixed. You always have that thought at the back of your mind that you'll see a broken headstock when you open a case! Glad I went for a Fireglo, that maple is really 3D that will never come out in a photo. 
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    Nice! Is there anybody that doesn't like the look of a Rickenbacker? Enjoy :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    edited April 2017
    Wow
  • NotNowJohnNotNowJohn Frets: 187
    Very cool. I played a Jetglo 360 for years. They're much more versatile than one may think.
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Nice!   Short scale?

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    edited April 2017
    Is fireglo the nicest finish you can get on any guitar?
    I think so.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9499
    I'm a sucker for any kind of sunburst. I've seen some that look a bit orange, but this is nice and dark, almost burgundy at the edges. Standard Rick scale length, which is the same as my Epi LP I believe.
  • Electro_HamElectro_Ham Frets: 102
    Congratulations. I have a Jetglo 330 myself. It's a great guitar.