Playing samples from iPad

What's Hot
DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
Not sure if this goes in this particular subforum but hey what the hell...my band look to be using sound samples (quotes, background noises etc) in-between and during some of our tracks during our live set. I have been bestowed the honour of starting and stopping the samples (well it was my diea), which will most probably be off a playlist on my iPad.

This is probably a very easy task - but how do I go about setting this up? What footswitch would I need to connect to the iPad?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good question this. I would like to do the same

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    edited April 2017
    probably get one of the mpc type programs and assign a sample to a pad youll get a bank of sixteen then you can use it as a loop, one shot, whatever you want. you don't want to be fucking about with i tunes on stage. 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    There are plenty of pad sample players loop triggering apps in the App Store free or coppers.

very popular these days its how young people make music
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    @wayneirie @Jez6345789 Would you be kind souls and care to recommend any good ones from your ideas? Ideally I wouldn't want to spend too much time and money on this.
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    edited April 2017
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sampl/id548603839?mt=8 This ones cheap and will do what you want. Or playback which is free https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/playback/id751755884?mt=8 I have the mpc thing but to be honest i just use it to program drums for my own amusement. But i just use ableton live when i have to do cues.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Nice one, I'll have a gander when I get home. Thanks!
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Think you can probably use garage band in the loop based part you can load various formats from your library or iCloud asking to a pad and tap when required. Designed for loop based music but also could double for live and FOC
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4679

I think Launchpad can do this