Fender HR Footswitch rehouse.

Really easy mod I looked at today. The standard footswitch for the Hot Rod series is huge and bulky, I wanted to rehouse it in something smaller so it would fit on my board. For anyone wanting to know the dimensions, the enclosure needs to be 120mm long, at least 50mm long and more than 30mm deep. 

I used an ABS plastic box from amazon, just not as deep as this one. You could use a metal enclosure but plastic is easier to cut.

Dismantle the pedal, note the top panel will overlap the top edge of the pedal. You can move the jack, but careful drilling will do the trick. 

Mark out the space needed to fit it in. I used a dremel to cut the hole, and enlarge the hole for the jack, it does need to be slightly bigger to manouvre the jack in place.

I then assembled it, and glued the bottom of the fender plate to the top of the pedal, you could screw it on so it's removable. It sits snug in the case I brought, so the circuit board isn't under pressure, and the whole thing is sturdy. Comparing the two together in the photo. It doesn't look that much smaller but it is much more like a usual pedal size, than the width of a Strymon!

Really easy, 30 minute project to save a bit of space.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom