I'd best get saving

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
edited February 2014 in FX
Everyone here knows that, bar none, the single best chorus pedal I've ever heard (including some horrendously expensive boutique ones) is the Visual Sound H2O.  They just nailed it on the V2 and the Liquid Chorus.  

So imagine my excitement...

I'd best get saving.  Desperately need to own one.  

Also, hopefully, it'll stop the ridiculous overinflation of the older V2 units which now fetch over £100 on eBay - 2 years ago, they were less than half that.  ¬_¬

All V3 pedals have a lifetime warranty, too.  Nice.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice, I has a V2 Liquid Chorus that I loved....wasn't keen on the size though so in the end I sold it on (I do regret that)
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited February 2014
    I've had several Visual Sound pedals and I love the aftersales team - they're so helpful :)

that pedal looks lush!
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankus said:
    I've had several Visual Sound pedals and I love the aftersales team - they're so helpful :)

that pedal looks lush!
    They really are.  I remember when I was going to get your V1 H2O and I wrote to them asking if they'd mod it for me to something closer to V2 specs.  They said yes - and would even provide a schematic in case I wanted a local modder to do it.  

I'll always be a customer.  The pedals are horribly underrated, too.  The Route 808 is, basically, the best tubescreamer type I've heard.  I know they're all much of a muchness, but the bass boost is great to make it a usable standalone drive, it's noise free and it has enough gain to get really quite rocky.  
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    IIRC the v1.1 (white knob) is pretty darn close to the v2 spec - it's the blue knob v1.0 that needs some wwork to get the rate up and  a better chip.

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Are VS moving away from the "child's toy/Fisher-Price" look of their V2 pedals?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They are, but I liked the old pedal look.  Instantly recognisable, but not very pedal board friendly.  

But they were solidly built.  Probably as close to Boss as you could get without it being that style enclosure, they were absolutely solid - I vaguely recall some dude driving over his with a truck and it was fine.  

I looked inside my Route 66 and it's good quality components, well made, tidy layout and looks like decent jack sockets, though they don't look like Switchcraft.  I plug mine in and out every day and no break yet.  

Also, they look repairable - always a good thing (I've heard otherwise about Fulltone where his wires are so short, you'd need a fair amount of work to remove them completely and put new ones in).
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    The frustrating thing about the v2s is the length of them with the pointy bit at the bottom which makes them take up more space than necessary. The raised bit at the back on one hand makes it more difficult to get to the switch off the pedal behind it (on my pedaltrain) in the other hand it's become a useful thing to rest my foot on to get to the pedal behind.

It's also frustrating that the input/output jacks are on the side but the power is on top which again means that it just takes up a lot is space. Why can't pedal makers must put all the jacks in the same place as each other?! Personally I prefer everything to be on the top.
  • V3 looks like it's for you then.  

I have to admit, Boss got it right with pedal design.  Nothing has really beat it since.