Tap tempo switch for DD20 that will stick to velcro

What's Hot
guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
I have the boss footswitch but the design of the underside means velcro won't stay stuck down very well.  What do people recommend for tap tempo switches with an underside that will take velcro more successfully?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited February 2014
  • Excellent, thanks.  Looks like this is the one I want http://www.brightonion.co.uk/products/Momentary-Footswitch.html
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited February 2014
    Or actually maybe this one, http://www.brightonion.co.uk/products/Tap-Tempo-Switch-for-Boss-&-Roland-Delays.html

I only use a DD20 so don't need the polarity switch on the side of the other one, plus it will take up less space and have one less failure point.  Seems to be more expensive though!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    I came here to say Bright Onion Pedals. Someone else has already said Bright Onion Pedals, but since I'm here anyway I might as well suggest Bright Onion Pedals.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bright Onion it is!

I do wonder sometimes if velcro did something to Boss.  

The problem with the FS5U and FS5L is that the base is screwed in and is quite an odd uneven design so using velcro effectively is pretty much impossible.  On the larger pedals there are workarounds either through using strips of velcro strategically or even removing the rubber altogether but the FS5 switches are basically a write off as far as velcro is concerned.  Naturally I own both the FS5U and L variants, but I bought them years ago before I used a PT2 so I guess I can't complain as I've had my use out of them.

• Can you unscrew the base plate and put it back on the other way up? Sometimes the other side is flat (I can't remember what these are like, I had an FS5U years ago)

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    guitarfishbay;154368" said:
    Bright Onion it is!

I do wonder sometimes if velcro did something to Boss.  

The problem with the FS5U and FS5L is that the base is screwed in and is quite an odd uneven design so using velcro effectively is pretty much impossible.
    Velcro'ing pedals is a fairly new concept - I don't remember seeing any Velcro boards until the 90'd to be honest and Boss have never really deviated from their designs from the 80's. With the exception of the Velcro fiasco, Boss pedals are pretty much the definition of good design. In my opinion.

Boss want you to buy the BCB board and cut the foam anyway.

• I agree re:design, they are my favourite pedal layouts for sure. I have a TU3, SD1 and DD20 on my board and the ISP Decimator I have is the same case design too. @not_the_dj the circuit board is attached to the base plate so you can't do a flip on the FS5s
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited February 2014
    By the power of super glue and considerable patience whilst using a pair of scissors I have saved myself twenty odd quid.  So far this is working pretty well for me.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I have the FS5U. I screw all my pedals down, so I just added some of those bicycle loops and put the screws back in. Working okay for a good while, but isn't an option with a Pedaltrain I suppose.