EHX Small Stone on your board??

gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
im talking about the epically awesome big box 90's one that is built out of paper but sounds like an alien space god having sex with a really whooshy thing

I really want it on my board. Is there anything short of a looper pedal that will actually make this pedal acceptable to have on an actual gigging pedalboard?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3129
    Not sure what you mean by acceptable but I've had one on my board for years. It is huge, but it is also its own thing -that colour switch! Doesn't get used often enough, but every time it comes off the board I end up putting it back on. 

Just go with it.
  • Not sure what you mean by acceptable but I've had one on my board for years. It is huge, but it is also its own thing -that colour switch! Doesn't get used often enough, but every time it comes off the board I end up putting it back on. 

Just go with it.
    The main thing (apart from dodgy switch and flimsy knob) was the "tone suck" when bypassed.... although I have now discovered they actually made true bypass versions :0

ive had mine since about 2001 so I'd be sad to use one that was it but if it cures its crap bypass then I might have to 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    I've got an Analogman modded big box one. Love it! But you're right, it's a big old beast! To be honest, i don't mind that. I don't like piddly micro pedals
  • Lebarque said:
    I've got an Analogman modded big box one. Love it! But you're right, it's a big old beast! To be honest, i don't mind that. I don't like piddly micro pedals
    I wonder if @ICBM  could mod mine to true bypass?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Probably. And correct the slight volume drop, if you've got one.
  • Lebarque said:
    Probably. And correct the slight volume drop, if you've got one.
    To be honest I've never noticed a volume drop. I'd probably just keep it as is. 
  • I've got one, I don't notice a tone suck on mine. I wouldn't know how to tell that it was true bypass by looking at it though. I've thought a few times about flogging mine but it's too good tbh.