How would you go about this...

kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
I've been thinking it would be rather nice to be able to sit down at home, plug in a wireless system (I have the line6 G10) and be connected to some sort of (rack?) modelling/fx system (axefx, Helix, something simpler) that was in turn connected to the home audio system. So, no hassle or setup, just plug wireless in and play in the front room. How would you do this? Extra points for:

1. Wireless footboard or IOS/android control of fx/patches
2. Ability to send to wireless headphones as well as home speakers

Top prize if you can get it to stream to Sonos...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    Ipad with amplitube running into Sonos? Dunno if they support any/all audio inputs on the newer sonos apps.

You can plug any modeller into a hifi, its the wireless control thereof that is tricky/not supported.
  • The most wireless way I can think to do this, but it would be a faff:

Guitar ->G10->Helix Floor->Another G10 with correct adapter (probably female 1/4" to phono)->Hifi->Wireless headphones (either a bluetooth HiFi amp or some sort of headphones with a BT adapter)

The wireless footboard is going to be next to impossible simply because of power. You could replace the Helix floor with a Helix rackmounted in your HiFi rack and connect with cables, which eliminates the need for a second wireless unit and all the power is in one place, but patch control would be annoying then.

I don't know about iOS control; the only one I know that does control in real time is the H9 I think.