Well played ESP. Well played.

What's Hot

Comments

• CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 288
    I agree, ESP responded really well. Personally, I have found an EMG-equipped ESP Eclipse to be quite versatile for a variety of musical styles, simply by using the guitar controls.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27989
    "ESP Guitars is the iconic representation of the powerful sound of heavy music."

Hmm.

"If you live for hard rock, get a guitar made to rock hard. Kramer guitars are designed and built specifically for hard rock guitar players. They feature body design and construction, pickups, electronics and hardware for rock music. Some other guitars try to work for ALL kinds of music (country AND rock). That's impossible! Kramer does one thing and it does it well."

Linkin Park nil, ESP nil, Kramer A BAZILLION.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jamjarmanjamjarman Frets: 9
    edited April 2017
    Personally I think the journalist miss representing the sentiment from Linkin Park in the headline made this sound like a spat between ESP and them, where as really, both agreed that the ESP tone wasn't what Linkin Park were going for on this album, and no more than that. (not especially an ESP or Linkin Park fan) - having said that ESP did seem good humoured about it.
  • jamjarman said:
    Personally I think the journalist miss representing the sentiment from Linkin Park in the headline made this sound like a spat between ESP and them, where as really, both agreed that the ESP tone wasn't what Linkin Park were going for on this album, and no more than that. (not especially an ESP or Linkin Park fan) - having said that ESP did seem good humoured about it.
    I agree. There is no slight to ESP intended in the original quote, it's just the guy's way of letting fans know what NOT to expect from the album. ESP didn't need to respond. The response comes off quite well, but there still seems to bit an air of "well, we didn't want to play with you ANYWAY" petulance about it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    I want to see The Wiggles get involved by buying and using an all-ESP lineup for their bright poppy sound. That would trump everyone :)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited April 2017
    Sporky said:
    "ESP Guitars is the iconic representation of the powerful sound of heavy music."

Hmm.

"If you live for hard rock, get a guitar made to rock hard. Kramer guitars are designed and built specifically for hard rock guitar players. They feature body design and construction, pickups, electronics and hardware for rock music. Some other guitars try to work for ALL kinds of music (country AND rock). That's impossible! Kramer does one thing and it does it well."

saywha That quote from Kramer - all I can say is what a load of pure and utter ...grrr!  

Clearly they've never heard of the Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul etc, and they haven't caught on that there's a few more genres of music other than Country & Rock!  More importantly, if you want gut wrenching metal distortion, someone should explain to Kramer that it's the amp and/or pedals that matter much more than the guitar.  Put a Kramer through a Fender Dual Reverb and you won't get it but put even a bog standard 3-single coil Strat through something like an Engl Powerball, Diezel, or Mesa Boogie triple rectifier & you will!  

Oh, and Kramer - there's a young lad from Birmingham called Tony Iommi who ain't done too bad as a heavy rock guitarist with his humble Gibson SG - but then perhaps you've not heard of such a minor unknown metal band as Black Sabbath! 

Linkin Park 10, ESP 10,  - Kramer - go put on the dunces cap, sit in the corner, and write 100 times 'I must not talk out of my backside and must only speak when I've engaged my brain'! cbash
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • I thought the country AND rock thing was an ongoing in joke, though I have no idea where from.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I thought the country AND rock thing was an ongoing in joke, though I have no idea where from.
    "Telecasters play both types of music - country AND western"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah right.  It's a Telecaster thing.  That's why I haven't remembered it
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Ah right.  It's a Telecaster thing.  That's why I haven't remembered it
    Actually it's a country and western thing - as in, there's only two types of music - but it seems to have filtered down a bit to telecasters being good for both types of music ;)
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12294
    Linkin Park? Is this story from 15 years ago?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Voxman said:
    Oh, and Kramer - there's a young lad from Birmingham called Tony Iommi who ain't done too bad as a heavy rock guitarist with his humble Gibson SG - but then perhaps you've not heard of such a minor unknown metal band as Black Sabbath! 

cbash
    He also had a rather nice Patrick Eggle sig for a while.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27989
    I thought the country AND rock thing was an ongoing in joke, though I have no idea where from.
    Likewise. I first heard it at Harmony Central, but I think it was on the MusicYo website for a bit.
    Linkin Park? Is this story from 15 years ago?
    They've been pretty musically productive all the way through since Hybrid Theory. I've not heard much of their output since, but they're clearly hard working and successful at it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Sporky said:

Hmm.

Srsly are for reals? 
    Who is Kramer??
    Ratt are not heavy FYI. 
    Hocky stick headstock widdkesticks of the spandex generation, ESP whilst not my fave brand are far far more associated with Heavy than Kramer. 

Ibanez for the win. 

;) 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited April 2017
    For those interested, the C&W thing came from the classic Blues Brothers film! D

So they had to be versatile! - Couldn't do that with a Kramer!! D

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    Sporky said:

Hmm.

Srsly are for reals? 
    Who is Kramer??
    Ratt are not heavy FYI. 
    Hocky stick headstock widdkesticks of the spandex generation, ESP whilst not my fave brand are far far more associated with Heavy than Kramer. 

Ibanez for the win. 

;) 
    ESP made the Kramer hockey sticks.

nyah nyah.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22714
    Sporky said:

Hmm.

Srsly are for reals? 
    Who is Kramer??
    Ratt are not heavy FYI. 

Ibanez for the win. 

;) 
    Eh?  How did Ratt get involved in this debate?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I was more fascinated by the link to a Death Metal version of Dolly Parton's "Joleen".

Wow.

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7281
    SNAKEBITE said:

I was more fascinated by the link to a Death Metal version of Dolly Parton's "Joleen".

Wow.

Is that the queen adreena one?...love that song
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7281

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ