Acoustic Cover - Ordinary World

What's Hot
Hey everyone, 

This seems like the appropriate section; please check out our version of Duran Duran's Ordinary World on Soundcloud:

Thanks!

Iain
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10681
    Nice. We do that song too in our DD tribute band. Except I use a humbuckers through an OD and wah into the dirt channel of a 100W Carvin Legacy :)

(We play G# minor in the pre-chorus - I thought your G# major was quite interesting though)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Thanks man. Your band sounds cool, do you have any clips of you guys gigging?

We decided to do it after hearing an electro version of the song with a female singer which was quite sombre, but got us to thinking about doing our own take on the track.

As for the G#major, we'll put that down to tabs on the Internet! It wasn't a creative choice, I didn't actually play any guitars on this one, just vocals and synth strings.
    Nice singing. No there's nothing of us. People film it but I haven't seen any uploads. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Whereabouts are you based/gigging? May be able to catch you live....
    Around Cambridge but we don't gig regularly - just the odd party and whatnot. It's a pop-up band. It's called Van Duran - we do Van Halen and DD (and other stuff like Livin' on a Prayer / Rebel Yell - crowd pleasers basically) :)
    Fair enough, I'm up in Nottingham anyway, so not really local. Hopefully someone puts up a video on YouTube from your next gig.
    I'll let you know!!

(if it's any good)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom