The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    89kg. Must've eaten some pies.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17557
    tFB Trader
    @ThePrettyDamned  you say that you are losing weight too slow, but how slow is too slow? 1lb a week is great and easily maintainable over the long term. 

Also, watch out for fruit: it's got lots of sugar in it. 

Fruit is, relatively, sugary but you'd need to eat masses of apples, or even strawberries I'd imagine, to hit the sugar content in a decent size bar of chocolate. Plus I eat fruit with soya yoghurt - it's got a bit of fat in (it's not a lot) but compared to low fat yoghurt it's got barely any sugar in at all :) 

Plus, fruit comes with water, fibre and vitamins. It's actually much harder to have too much sugar through fruit than you'd think (unless you are diabetic). You get full up too quick, whereas with sweets or chocolate you can gorge endlessly. 

The main thing with fruit is that it's got lots of fibre and other stuff which slows down the speed that you metabolise it so it's not too bad in terms of the sugar spike you get from it.

Fruit juice is really bad for you though as it goes straight to body fat.
  • @ThePrettyDamned  you say that you are losing weight too slow, but how slow is too slow? 1lb a week is great and easily maintainable over the long term. 

Also, watch out for fruit: it's got lots of sugar in it. 

Fruit is, relatively, sugary but you'd need to eat masses of apples, or even strawberries I'd imagine, to hit the sugar content in a decent size bar of chocolate. Plus I eat fruit with soya yoghurt - it's got a bit of fat in (it's not a lot) but compared to low fat yoghurt it's got barely any sugar in at all :) 

Plus, fruit comes with water, fibre and vitamins. It's actually much harder to have too much sugar through fruit than you'd think (unless you are diabetic). You get full up too quick, whereas with sweets or chocolate you can gorge endlessly. 

The main thing with fruit is that it's got lots of fibre and other stuff which slows down the speed that you metabolise it so it's not too bad in terms of the sugar spike you get from it.

Fruit juice is really bad for you though as it goes straight to body fat.

Yeah, I'm avoiding fruit juice. I don't really like it anyway, much prefer teas, infusions and coffees. 

But fruit is certainly on my menu, it really hits my sweet tooth. I think I only lost 1lb this week as last weekend I was proper naughty, we've had some bad news this week and our family response was takeaway and muffins and yum-yums...
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    not long back from tour.. from late last year is the first time I have pics of me on stage that I'm not ashamed of..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    I am now backing up the @Clarky based healthy lifestyle with C25K.  Hopefully I should see some major advances - only a few miles a week.

:P
    this is my motivation whenever my will starts to crumble
    before
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/klarkov/278970_2167510635780_1065206_o_zps5opzuyuw.jpg

and after
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/klarkov/18620151_1452076758186845_3802700386631823275_n_zpsbnz1vmgy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/klarkov/Clarky Heerlen_zpsreq8ibuh.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited May 2017
    Start weight : 16st 2.8lbs
    First week : 16st 1.4lbs
    Second week: 15st 12.2lbs
    Third week: 15st 11.0lbs
    Fouth week: 15st 9.0lbs
    Last week: 15st 8.6lbs
    This week: 15st 5.8lbs

Target.  I shall be 15 st 6 lbs by Saturday 3rd June 2017
    Gain towards target: 11.0 bs
    Distance to target: SMASHED IT IN IT"S STUPID FACE!!!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16077
    Now down from 17st to 15 stone 9 lb …….6 weeks 
    if I can do 6 strict weeks I should get to the 14 I want to be
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The Breakfast of champions

Time for a new target.

I shall be 15 st 0.0lbs by Saturday 1st July 2017

@Drew_TNBD and @mudslide73 , I'm coming to get you.  Although I would like to point out that it is not a competition.   :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Come on guys.  Where are you?
    Time for a new target.

I shall be 15 st 0.0lbs by Saturday 1st July 2017

and a week later you'll break into the 14's
    how totally fkn awesome is that.. ! ! !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16291

Just over 14st6. Rather dehydrated this morning though,some mugs of tea might put me back to 14st7...
    I thought I'd stayed the same but actually went to just under 14st6 so it's a few ounces down. 
    I know what I'm doing wrong but am struggling to do much about it. Right direction at least.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited May 2017
    @EricTheWeary , it is still good news.  Small victories are still victories.  Do not take away the value of any achievements you make. 

Now the other bit.  

It's hard, boring and shit ... until it isn't.  

- Andy McNab DCM MM

You may still be trying to form new good habits to replace old bad habits., this takes time.  I know,  and  @Clarky, ;;I'm sure, will back me up on this.  The good news is that you will get there.  I am currently trying to get into running. While I am out there I'm not looking at the end goal so much as the getting through the session.  The end goal is to be able to do my 5km run, but at this time running 5kms feels like a mountain.   I just focus on finishing the C25K session I am on for the day.  Like the people who have fought bigger personal battles than me say "Let us, therefore, live but ONE day at a time."

Also, are you doing this for yourself?  The more reasons you have to do it - or anything come to think of it - for yourself, the more likely you are to stay on track.

TL:DR -

The bottom line is that you are still here therefore you are still winning. Congratulations on another winning week.  I look forward to your next one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @EricTheWeary , it is still good news.  Small victories are still victories.  Do not take away the value of any achievements you make. 

Now the other bit.  

It's hard, boring and shit ... until it isn't.  

- Andy McNab DCM 

You may still be trying to form new good habits to replace old bad habits., this takes time.  I know,  and  @Clarky, ;I'm sure, will back me up on this.  The good news is that you will get there.  I am currently trying to get into running. While I am out there I'm not looking at the end goal so much as the getting through the session.  The end goal is to be able to do my 5km run, but at this time running 5kms feels like a mountain.   I just focus on finishing the C25K session I am on for the day.  Like the people who have fought bigger personal battles than me say "Let us, therefore, live but ONE day at a time."

Also, are you doing this for yourself?  The more reasons you have to do it - or anything come to think of it - for yourself, the more likely you are to stay on track.

TL:DR -

The bottom line is that you are still here therefore you are still winning. Congratulations on another winning week.  I look forward to your next one.

as they say in Latin: Abso Fa Cenlut Le
  • Weighed myself a day early because I have been super duper good this week, bar a bit of naughty BBQ food on Monday (stuck to diet coke instead of beers though!) and a decent sized pudding on Sunday. Bar that I've been perfect, and the pudding was a home made summer pudding (so just white bread, lots of fruit and a little honey) served with no fat fromage frais instead of cream. 

Last week 14 stone 7

Today 14 stone 3. 

:D 

Obviously there are day-to-day variences but that's a definite step towards where I want to be heading. 

Diet is simple but healthy. Lots of fruit, lots of vegetables, lots of fish, a controlled amount of dairy a day, one slice of brown bread and controlling other carbs (ensuring they're good carbs, like potatoes, rather than refined ones from sugar, bread, flour etc). 

Treat wise, I have alpro plain soya yoghurt (which is my usual treat anyway, I love the stuff) which has a little bit of fat (but I don't eat lots of fatty food anyway) but is low in sugar and has a decent amount of protein. Yummy with fruit. 
  • @ThePrettyDamned , awesome news mate.  You are like a machine built to produce results.
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    Started in January at 14 stone 7lb. Today I weighed in at 12 stone 6lb.

A summer wedding is a hell of a motivation!
  • @ThePrettyDamned , awesome news mate.  You are like a machine built to produce results.

I am a soft, squidgy machine that's hoping to be less soft and squidgy. 

I must admit, I'm feeling pretty proud. I've noticed I am sleeping better too - or rather, waking up quicker and not feeling sluggish after 7 hours kip. 

Buzzing. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I'm about to put a pizza in the oven.