The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11540
    tFB Trader
    It's not so much the calorific value of what goes into your mouth as the calorific value of what goes into your bloodstream.

Sugary starchy foods and fruit are easily absorbed into the bloodstream whilst some food passes through with many of its calories intact.

I know this and yet I've obviously chosen to ignore it which is why I put on weight .
    Maybe I convinced myself that chocolate and biscuits were more fun than veggies

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    It's not so much the calorific value of what goes into your mouth as the calorific value of what goes into your bloodstream.

Sugary starchy foods and fruit are easily absorbed into the bloodstream whilst some food passes through with many of its calories intact.

I know this and yet I've obviously chosen to ignore it which is why I put on weight .
    Maybe I convinced myself that chocolate and biscuits were more fun than veggies
    Well the danger with sugar is the insulin spikes. The body has to deal with the sugar, so loses time that it could've used on fat burning. It's effectively like working for a company where you have to spend so much time having bullshit meetings that you don't get to do important stuff like sit on The Fretboard killing brain cells ;)

The sugar itself doesn't have any more calorific impact than spinach - I think that was Tavernor's point.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5140
    Coffee and toast with light spread this morning 
    lunchtine egg and cress sandwich & banana, sparkling water..
    No alcohol for last 2 days with increase in water 
    1 hr bike ride last night with a good run around the park with my Son playing football in the afternoon...what day are we planning the weekly weigh in?  :)

• slackerslacker Frets: 2233

Slacker

14 1/4 stone
    13 1/2 stone

Eat less, exercise more. 

I did lose a lot of weight in 2015 but put it back on. I also suffer from a lack of discipline. A recent birthday and Easter are a problem. That M and M egg isnt going to eat itself. 
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited April 2017
    Nothing to eat for breakfast..never bothered with it since I was a kid. Couple of cups of coffee and 1/2 gallon of 6mg vape juice to kick start my heart....don't know why I don't do it IV rather than in a tank..it'd be quicker...

Lunch - Tuna & Rocket and Tomato butty on Burgen bread - the soya and linseed stuff, bloody lovely. No butter or salt. Glass of Vimto (reduced sugar stuff) and a cup of decaf Yorkshire tea. 

Made a ruby for tea, chicken Balti, Nan's and pilau rice. 

HIIT Stationary bike night. 

0% fat Yoghurt , walnuts, and some sable grapes for snacks later. 

• TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    edited April 2017
    Tavernor said:
    Am I wrong in thinking that weight loss is a much simpler thing than people make it out to be (with whatever diet is fashionable at the time)?

Use more calories than you consume = weight loss. Surely that's pretty much the crux of it?
    That doesn't take into account the form of the calories you eat. Think of it this way: if you lived on 2,000 kcals a day of spinach versus 2,000 kcals of lard, you know one would be better for weight loss and general health than the other. 
    What's heavier, a tonne of lard or a tonne of spinach? 

I'm not arguing to be a pain in the arse, but that does make it sound like eating the same amount but as has been pointed out that would be a hell of a lot of spinach! Anyway, let's not take over a beneficial thread with debate. 

As long as using more calories than i eat works then that's my badger.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3058
    I did grilled sole, new potatoes x2 and salad for tea last night. I'm having to physically stop myself making a cheese and crisp sandwich right now. It's going to be very difficult. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    Do something that requires thought, learn how to do a Rubik's cube if you have one. 100% serious.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30858
    Neither lard nor spinach has enough of the other nutrients needed. Somewhat pointless debate.

You'd die from a deficency of something no matter how many calories you ate of either.
    The only single food substance I think you can live off in total is the banana.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Today then...

Jacket potato with cheese and beans for breakfast around 11:40.
    Pack of Belvita biscuits coz I'm a fat hungry slob.
    A cheese flavoured bagel with some butter on it.

Not too bad considering weeks before I was eating two small packs of Oreo's every day.
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Today then...

Not too bad considering weeks before I was eating two small packs of Oreo's every day.
    Genuinely, too many carbs there - far too many.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5140
    Just been into Waitrose for a free coffee...bloody hard not to grab something to go with it!
    Gassage said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Today then...

I need a certain amount; cycling 42km in a day without enough energy will just knacker me out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3319
    GrungeBob

currebtly 188.4 lbs
    target 175 ish

MyFitnessPal to track my diet and Apple Watch to track fitness 

started yesterday day one Insanity workout so 59 more days to go. Will also be continuing my strength training in between. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15482
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Gassage said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Today then...

I need a certain amount; cycling 42km in a day without enough energy will just knacker me out.

try replacing some of those with oats of some description. I generally have porridge for breakfast, which for most days is enough to keep me going, but if I know I'm gonna have an extra heavy day, I'll make oatmeal pancakes, and mix in bacon, eggs etc.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

Drew_TNBD said:
    Gassage said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Today then...

Drew, try more complex slow release carbs- brown rice, bananas etc....

VimFuego said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Gassage said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Today then...

try replacing some of those with oats of some description. I generally have porridge for breakfast, which for most days is enough to keep me going, but if I know I'm gonna have an extra heavy day, I'll make oatmeal pancakes, and mix in bacon, eggs etc.

Gassage said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Gassage said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Today then...

Drew, try more complex slow release carbs- brown rice, bananas etc....
    Cool, cheers fellas. I'll tweak my diet a bit!
    In other news, Ali is out and has left these handy dieting aids in the lounge...

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    tone1 said:
    Just been into Waitrose for a free coffee...bloody hard not to grab something to go with it!
    Almost as if thats what they want you to do. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24163
    Gassage said:
    Neither lard nor spinach has enough of the other nutrients needed. Somewhat pointless debate.

You'd die from a deficency of something no matter how many calories you ate of either.
    The only single food substance I think you can live off in total is the banana.
    Sort of - except the amount of potassium in bananas means it can cause kidney failure if you have 3 a day, every day.

People on dialysis are often banned from eating them at all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom