SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Custom Shop Vibro King

What's Hot
carl999popcarl999pop Frets: 47
edited April 2018 in Amps £
Selling this wonderful Bruce Zinky designed handwired amp from the peeps at Fender Custom Shop. Amazing warm/ brown sounding amp. Goes from warm cleans to plexi-Ish crunch when you wind up the wick. Great pedal platform, massive 3D tone.. it just fills the room in a wonderful way. Beautiful '63 reverb, nice early breakup and a great sounding tremolo. Nails the Stevie tone without pedals.
Love the format and it's a great amp for pub/club gigs. You get a nice clean tone around 3, and after that it beaks up nicely from 3,5 and more. I used in three/four piece bands in small- Ish venues up to large stages where it really fills the stage. 
Used by Ronnie Woods, Pete Townsend and many more. Mine is in excellent condition, only used for a few small tours plus light studio use. Recently services with new valves and comes with a rocksolid cover. These retail for £3,500 new so grab a bargain for £1,800. Cash payment an pick up from my studio near Tower Bridge, London. I'll be up Sheffield way next weekend and can bring with me if there is interest. 
 Pics here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/imnmo
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    One of the best tones I ever heard was a guy using one of these with a Telecaster straight in, in the Portland Arms in Cambridge. Loud as hell but never harsh. If it was blonde I may have had to have done something silly! ;)

GLWTS!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 178
    Great amps Carl ;-)

• Thanks guys! Couldn't agree more.... great sounding amp indeed. If you're in London yore more than welcome to give it a play. 
  • KickTheHabitKickTheHabit Frets: 93
    edited April 2017
    Fancy one of these as a potential Who tribute is in the horizon... any trades?
  • Russell from Band Of Skulls use these.  They sound incredible cranked.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • carl999popcarl999pop Frets: 47
    edited April 2017
    Hey thanks for comments. Trades: I just took the plunge and bought another expensive amp and need to downsize and free up some cash. However, you can never have to many SG's and Tele's? (Please please dear O Mighty Lord make sure my wife never read this) so a nice US -50's or SG standard with big necks (maybe with bigsby?) plus cash my way? Or a DGT? Angry Charlie or similar. A great delay with modulation and tap tempo? 
  • on hold 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    I so want to have a spin with this but self inflicted deafness isn't covered on my health insurance.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WillEdmundsWillEdmunds Frets: 168
    Gary Clark Jr's amp of choice. Must be a good 'un!
  • So want this but no GAS fund left
  • back up for sale
  • Lez325Lez325 Frets: 82
    miserneil said:
    One of the best tones I ever heard was a guy using one of these with a Telecaster straight in, in the Portland Arms in Cambridge. Loud as hell but never harsh. If it was blonde I may have had to have done something silly! ;)

GLWTS!
    They do say Blondes have more fun :)

Lovely amp 
  • May long weekend bump. Why not a trip to the big smoke this weekend and give this glorious amp a play? It's here, waiting for a loving home :-)
    edited April 2017
    Actually - I'm gigging tomorrow @ Mau Mau on Portabello Rd Laaandan so you can also hear it there :-)
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    I gigged a VK for twelve years, great amp!

Still here....great amp, great pedal platform, huge headroom, fab reverb and trem....will make the audience go ohhhhh ohhhh ohhhh....
  • Bump!
  • I also have a Vibroking in blonde....stunning sweet cleans (ala Blackface if you set it right)...Amazing unique grind when past 3.5.or 4 on the volume.

Interactive tone controls can be surprising...for some reason, mine gets a little louder and fruitier when I reduce the treble!

I'd have a second one if I had the money! :) Good luck with the sale!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom