Which Digital Delay with Modulation??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• El Capistan with Brigadier stack well and open up doors, Flashback okayish . . my son uses one for two settings plus the loop. The stompswitch can be iffy.  The side mount jacks can impact on footprint, built his board and standard pedal orientation had similar footprint to Strymon, ended up using Lava jack-plugs, pancake jacks would also help
    I haven't actually ever heard a brigadier so will have to do some homework but it might still be too big for the space I have left. I use pancake hacks when wiring up board and the last space is going to need the pedal sideways to fit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavis said:
    I love the modulation with the Modern setting on the SDD 3000 pedal. Why I bought one again having stupidly sold the first one. But definitely not small...
    Lmao you weren't kidding were you?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Line 6 echo park 
    That's actually a GREAT shout. Has a modulation knob for use on every setting if I recall. Another underrated pedal!
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

Memory Lane Jr.  Small and sounds great.  I love the modulation on it.  Also, it's lower power than some delays, 70ma I believe.

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Alexander Radical Delay is also a decent shout - especially the new one which has tap tempo and other new features. Looks a brilliant bag of tricks.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537

Memory Lane Jr.  Small and sounds great.  I love the modulation on it.  Also, it's lower power than some delays, 70ma I believe.

This, or a Counter Point, both have lovely modulation you can dial in to taste and switch on and off by holding the tap switch.
  • Ok so I got an Alter Ego in a trade and gonna try the Petrrucci Aurora tonepeint and the 2290 with mod. Thanks for the advice guys
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Ok so I got an Alter Ego in a trade and gonna try the Petrrucci Aurora tonepeint and the 2290 with mod. Thanks for the advice guys
    Just bear in mind the Petrucci toneprints for Flashback are set to kill dry. 

Yiu need to access the toneprint editor  to switch it on. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Ok so I got an Alter Ego in a trade and gonna try the Petrrucci Aurora tonepeint and the 2290 with mod. Thanks for the advice guys

Say what now?

I thought the dry kill was a dip switch inside the pedal?
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Ok so I got an Alter Ego in a trade and gonna try the Petrrucci Aurora tonepeint and the 2290 with mod. Thanks for the advice guys

Say what now?

I thought the dry kill was a dip switch inside the pedal?
    Yep it is, but petrucci has his tone prints with it in. 

Its something you can adjust on the editor I believe. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Boss DD7
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Line 6 M5.

If you don't need subdivisions, get a Marshall Echohead or a Line 6 Echo Park.
  • Line 6 M5.

If you don't need subdivisions, get a Marshall Echohead or a Line 6 Echo Park.
    Have one but won't fit on the board
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    edited April 2017
    Be interested to know how you get on with the Alter Ego - I bought a standard Flashback for the nano 'board and am so impressed with it (particularly for price/size/versatility) that I could see myself getting an Alter Ego X4 in the not too distant for the bigger 'board just for the additional toneprint slots and the vintage-flavoured voicings. 
    Not too worried about dead-on emulation as I have a big box DMM for full on authentically swampy swirl, just as long as the AE sounds are good.

• Be interested to know how you get on with the Alter Ego - I bought a standard Flashback for the nano 'board and am so impressed with it (particularly for price/size/versatility) that I could see myself getting an Alter Ego X4 in the not too distant for the bigger 'board just for the additional toneprint slots and the vintage-flavoured voicings. 
    Not too worried about dead-on emulation as I have a big box DMM for full on authentically swampy swirl, just as long as the AE sounds are good.

It's actually pretty good, I mean I doubt you'd pick it in a side by side with your DMM but by itself I'm sure you'd be pretty pleased.

This is a great demo of the algo even if it's in the x4