In need of a small pedal board.

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
edited April 2017 in FX
Can any of you fine chaps recommend a small board for four pedals? The pedals are as follows: Polytune 2, Bogner La Grange, Strymon El Capistan and a HOF mini all powered by a Fuel tank junior but that will be situated off the board. Your help in this matter is of course greatly appreciated thank you.

EDIT: Just realised I can't use the El Capistan with the Fuel Tank jnr as it needs a minimum of 250 mA and the Fuel Tank only has 120 mA outputs.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    edited April 2017
    A pedaltrain nano+ will do the job and you can use a current doubler adapter on two outs on the Fuel tank to get the higher current draw. You will need higher feet to get the fuel tank underneath. 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

Don't waste your money on Pedaltrain - overpriced for what they are (and I'm a PT2 owner&user) if I was buying another lil board these are my top contenders......

teeny weeny wun...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pedal-boards-Effects-Pedal-Board-Cases-For-Electric-Guitar-Magic-Tape-Accessory-/192012907830?var=&hash=item2cb4dc7536:m:mm1iQZEMelGwCe-v9icJStw

less teeny weeny, bit more room to play with........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391721644977?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

• I've got one of these going spare if any use to you, although it might be a bit big.

I could do it for £30 posted.

http://www.hotroxuk.com/warwick-rockboard-jam-soft-case.html
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    siraxeman said:

Don't waste your money on Pedaltrain - overpriced for what they are (and I'm a PT2 owner&user) if I was buying another lil board these are my top contenders......

teeny weeny wun...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pedal-boards-Effects-Pedal-Board-Cases-For-Electric-Guitar-Magic-Tape-Accessory-/192012907830?var=&hash=item2cb4dc7536:m:mm1iQZEMelGwCe-v9icJStw

To be fair, that's about as much as I paid for an unused secondhand PT nano with its decent carry bag just before xmas.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    zepp76 said:
    Can any of you fine chaps recommend a small board for four pedals? The pedals are as follows: Polytune 2, Bogner La Grange, Strymon El Capistan and a HOF mini all powered by a Fuel tank junior but that will be situated off the board. Your help in this matter is of course greatly appreciated thank you.

EDIT: Just realised I can't use the El Capistan with the Fuel Tank jnr as it needs a minimum of 250 mA and the Fuel Tank only has 120 mA outputs.
    The CIOKS adam PSU is very good for the money, it'll fit under most small boards, 2 x 250mA & 2 x 100mA
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26577
    edited April 2017
    zepp76 said:

Forget the expensive power supplies. I have a Vitoos DC8 - if that'll fit under your board, it'll do the job easily (two isolated 1000mA 9/12/18V outputs, and six non-isolated 9V outputs for a total of 300mA) and it's about £40. Silent, too.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Thanks all for the help so far. I'm a little confused, I have the fuel tank junior and the fuel tank classic but the classic is stated as 500mA total over the 9v outlets, does that mean each outlet can take up to 500mA or does it mean only 500mA over all eight outlets? Sorry if it's a daft question but it really isn't clear on their website. I really don't want to have to sell them but if needs must and all that, is there a mini pedalboard with a built in power supply? If there is I'm guessing it comes at a high price?
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    It'll be divided over the 8 outputs....total max output.
    siraxeman said:
    It'll be divided over the 8 outputs....total max output.
    @siraxeman Ah that's a bit poo then, looks like I'll be selling them then. Is there any love for the Strymon Ojai? Five outlets and each at 500mA, small footprint and could possibly fit under a small board and not a bad price (would be covered by the sale of the two Fuel tanks).  
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    zepp76 said:

Forget the expensive power supplies. I have a Vitoos DC8 - if that'll fit under your board, it'll do the job easily (two isolated 1000mA 9/12/18V outputs, and six non-isolated 9V outputs for a total of 300mA) and it's about £40. Silent, too.
    That vitoos must be magic. It takes 12v 2000ma in and it can put out a total of 3800ma, with two of the outputs at 18v ... never known a power supply capable of putting out more current and voltage than it's supplied with ... :-) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ojai fits under a Nano, but you will need taller rubber feet easily obtainable. Then you've all the ma you'll need
  • Don't use a current doubler on your tank, it'll pump out 18v then.
    Sell them !
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    Don't use a current doubler on your tank, it'll pump out 18v then.
    Sell them !
    A current doubler is different from a voltage doubler. You're thinking of the voltage doubler
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The power supply is sorted just looking for pedal board recommendations now please.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Emma Amarhyll might be worth a look.  Similar design to Pedaltrain but a bit cheaper.  From memory they come in three sizes.  I've got the biggest one but the smallest one might be worth a look.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I found the price of Pedaltrain pedal boards extortionate, so made my own from from £8 worth of hardwood. A few screws, some velcro and away you go. 
    All sorted now, I pushed the boat out and went for a pedaltrain metro 16 it comes with a case which is dead handy.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9714
    Fuengi said:
    I found the price of Pedaltrain pedal boards extortionate, so made my own from from £8 worth of hardwood. A few screws, some velcro and away you go. 
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/shelving-units-systems/hejne-shelf-softwood-art-00287808/

Or one of those for a fiver and some varnish, two boards then so one spare for your "other" set up ;)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic