Zvex Double Rock Placement

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 456
Recently bought one of these, it's taken me a while to get my head round all the different settings but I really like it. Reading through the instructions it recommends putting the DR last in your chain just before amp, is there any reason for this?
I have a RYRA Klone that I was going to put after this to sweeten things up a little, now Im a little confused in where to place the klone or DR.

Current set up is:

TU-3>RYRA>CTC Black face Stardust OD>DMM>Dr Scientist Reverberator>Zvex Double Rock

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    It's because the Box of Rock/Distortron/Double Rock is meant to sound and respond like an amp, so you run other effects into it like you would run them into the front end of a Marshall head. In practice, you'll probably find that some stuff sounds good before (harsh reverbs), some after (delay with clean, crisp repeats).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335 said:
    It's because the Box of Rock/Distortron/Double Rock is meant to sound and respond like an amp, so you run other effects into it like you would run them into the front end of a Marshall head. In practice, you'll probably find that some stuff sounds good before (harsh reverbs), some after (delay with clean, crisp repeats).
    That's great cheers for that! It's a brilliant pedal, love the different combinations you can get from it.
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    So @builttospill, is this one a keeper?

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Certainly is... it's bloody superb! tbh it took me a while to dial in sounds I wanted. Basically it can be two distortions, two overdrives, two boosts, boost into distort, distort into boost , ... does it all! also has ok hand painted pic of J Mascis on it.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16254
    bbill335 said:
    When I had a Distortron it seemed to work quite well at the end of the chain (by which I probably mean mostly only a delay ) into a clean amp, effectively using it as a pre amp for rehearsal room or supplied back line amps. I don't really know why I sold it :anguished: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    bbill335 said:
    When I had a Distortron it seemed to work quite well at the end of the chain (by which I probably mean mostly only a delay ) into a clean amp, effectively using it as a pre amp for rehearsal room or supplied back line amps. I don't really know why I sold it :anguished: 
    I hear there's one for sale in the classifieds right now! Seller is the best guy, ask anyone!