PRS SE Soapbar

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4980
edited April 2017 in Guitar
What is the value of a PRS SE soapbar, stock pups to be refitted and complete with gig bag? Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I gave my brother 120 quid for his old one, and I was happy :)

However, they seem to go on eBay for about £300?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I bought one last August from Gumtree for £110 quid.  It was completely mint though didn't come with the gig bag.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Adam_MD said:
    I bought one last August from Gumtree for £110 quid.  It was completely mint though didn't come with the gig bag.  
    Bargain, they are good guitars, they suit the P90s well, not too heavy either.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I had one that I bought for £160 and sold for £230 a year or two later - that was six or seven years ago though.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited April 2017
    £200-250 seems the norm on my local Facebook group. 
    They're recognised as good guitars- keeping the price reasonable for sellers, but they're not particularly "cool" or "desirable" meaning buyers have a shot at a bargain. 

I was offered a PRS SE One for under £200 a year or two ago... "The one that got away" & all that. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I wouldn't sell mine.
    For what it would fetch, it just wouldn't be worth it. It's a great little guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    £250 is a good price IMO for what it offers and how it stacks up against other guitars with a similar price tag - based on original, clean-ish and bag
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Thanks guys.  I think I will hang on to it as it is the only P90 equipped guitar I have.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Chuck the pickups out and fit some Toneriders hot or cool according to taste .They are way better.I fitted them in a PRS SE Semihollow and they were great .Didnt really get on with the fingerboard and neck so sold it but very nice guitar .
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Interesting - just clinched a Santana Special with P90s from ebay at a decent price. I haven't even received it yet but of course I'm already thinking about a pickup swap =) (provided I like it, that is)

I was looking at the Tonerider vintage P90s as they seem to tick a few boxes and I really really rate the TR strat set I've had for a couple of years now... Would be interested in getting some more feedback on their P90s. Not too keen on spending too much given the value of the guitar so an £80 set would do me nicely.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    edited April 2017
    I have seen them listed used for £650 retail

The Trans red is a beauty, whilst the amberburst is rare in UK and the most desirable with nice cream P90s. The white is also less common.

Is nothing wrong with the stock PUPs - versatile, articulate and toneful. Pedals love them.

I have a template for the correct PRS pickguard profile should you want to make one up. £5

Here's my Tortoiseshell on Black with vintage amber speed dials

http://i61.tinypic.com/2zyefrn.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    My SE is a single cut, solid colour which varies from black to maroon depending on the viewing angle. The stock pups are average at best, the Lollars lift the guitar to an entirely different league.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Digging that white one. Very tasty and Who-ish
    UPS man just dropped the Santana Special...

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa462/ponchogreg/Image uploaded from iOS 3.jpg

Tremendous fit and finish for the price. Rings out, sustains well. But yeah, pickups are indeed a bit meh as expected. Not sure if PRS has always used the same P90s with its SEs?

Anyway, given the price and quality of the guitar, I might definitely look at a pup upgrade.