Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I've just bought one of these this morning, it's what my son wanted for Christmas and there was a decent bundle on in Tesco, though one of the games with it will be off to CEX as he already owns it on Xbox one 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4086
    underdog said:
    I've just bought one of these this morning, it's what my son wanted for Christmas and there was a decent bundle on in Tesco, though one of the games with it will be off to CEX as he already owns it on Xbox one 
    Cool, he's gonna love you :)

What were the games out of curiosity @underdog ?  I looked at our local Tesco which isn't small, it's one of those postcode-sized 'Extra' efforts, but no joy.  Went to GAME in the end who unbelievably did a decent price.
    edited October 2017
    randella said:
    underdog said:
    Cool, he's gonna love you

What were the games out of curiosity @underdog ?  I looked at our local Tesco which isn't small, it's one of those postcode-sized 'Extra' efforts, but no joy.  Went to GAME in the end who unbelievably did a decent price.

I have a small Tesco too but ordered from Tesco direct to pick up at my local store tomorrow. It was £300 for console, Mario+ rabbids and Lego city undercover. 

Got to use £28 worth of club card vouchers too :D
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26742
    I love Mario & Rabbids. It's completely bizarre but has a great sense of humour and is actually quite hard. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I love Mario & Rabbids. It's completely bizarre but has a great sense of humour and is actually quite hard. 

iS the action fast paced or is it more strategy based?
    I love Mario & Rabbids. It's completely bizarre but has a great sense of humour and is actually quite hard. 

It's slow - turn based strategy like XCOM. Possibly not your thing if you're heavily into the scrolling shooter thing!
    underdog said:

I have a small Tesco too but ordered from Tesco direct to pick up at my local store tomorrow. It was £300 for console, Mario+ rabbids and Lego city undercover. 

Got to use £28 worth of club card vouchers too :D
    That's a really good deal - mine was £309 with Mariokart.  Not quite as good but I was laid low with back pain and feeling sorry for myself so next-day click and collect wasn't on the cards, HAD TO HAVE IT NOW  :) :)
    edited October 2017
    I thought it was a decent deal trouble is he has finished Lego city undercover on Xbox one so I will trade that in or sell and get Zelda or Mario, which is a shame as undercover is the best Lego game by a mile.
    underdog said:
    I thought it was a decent deal trouble is he has finished Lego city undercover on Xbox one so I will trade that in or sell and get Zelda or Mario, which is a shame as undercover is the best Lego game by a mile.
    Mariokart is fantastic, suits the console perfectly - I'm hooked on it.  Mrs R. has been playing through Zelda on the Wii U for a while, she raves about it.  Mario Odyssey is nailed on to be a winner.  You can't really lose.

Agree with you about Lego City Undercover, played though it on the U and it was fantastic, great scripting.  I love the Lego games - they're so soothing after yet another brown Xbox shooter, much as I like them.  Just been going through the Bioshocks again, they're good but if you're looking for cheering up, well... not so much. :)
  • I love Mario & Rabbids. It's completely bizarre but has a great sense of humour and is actually quite hard. 

It's slow - turn based strategy like XCOM. Possibly not your thing if you're heavily into the scrolling shooter thing!

Ah right, not my thing I'm afraid. 

Doom will probably be my next purchase - I'm gonna get it for xmas hopefully.

I'm just waiting for ZeroDiv releasing Gunbird 2!

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Well my Xbox One X arrives soon so I tend to buy games on the format I'm gonna get the best experience or most use.

• New high score in Blazing Star!!  I haven't been playing anything else...

I want to get into the top 3.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Halloween sale starts on Switch today, its all pretty crap tho...

c'mon friday 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited October 2017
    Halloween sale starts on Switch today, its all pretty crap tho...

c'mon friday 
    How did you find that out?

Nevermind found it....

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/nintendos_european_eshop_halloween_sale_is_now_live
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Can't wait for Mario on Friday!
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I got my switch a while ago but with so many games that need to be played (just got the platinum for Horizon: Zero Dawn) I've not had much of a chance to play it.  I've got Mario Rabbids and gonna pick up Stardew Valley as I love that game, think I'll be picking up Mario Odyssey as well.

My friend code is: SW-8038-8455-3604.  Feel free to add me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Mario loaded and ready. Assuming I ever get free of work I'm gonna finish Zelda tonight...

I wonder if it'll unlock at midnight Abu Dhabi time or UK time, since I'm officially on a UK account.
  • Mario loaded and ready. Assuming I ever get free of work I'm gonna finish Zelda tonight...

I wonder if it'll unlock at midnight Abu Dhabi time or UK time, since I'm officially on a UK account.
    is that purchased off the store? apparently Amazon will email me code at 00:01 Friday
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Mario loaded and ready. Assuming I ever get free of work I'm gonna finish Zelda tonight...

is that purchased off the store? apparently Amazon will email me code at 00:01 Friday
    Amazon said mine will be emailed on release day.

Yeah, straight from Nintendo. I'm happy enough paying an extra few quid to know I don't have to wait hours on release day (Friday is my weekend..!), and all of that is going to Nintendo, not Amazon, which i'm 100% ok with.